The Diesel Garage banner

1979 Kenworth Conv

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  LOG HAULER 
#1 ·
Ok I was going to snap a few shots of the Marmon but after I was stop in my tracks by this 79 KW 24.5 15 speed 4.33's in excellent condition after talking to the ol timer for about two hours he asked me if I wanted it he told me to take it for a spin and come back and tell him what did I think ....I was very impressed with the truck all the way around runs like a top my Marmon dreams suddenly died this dream was more affordable.:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::bluesbros:bluesbros:bluesbros

Here's a few pics....The floor is open to all comments suggestions stories.......
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!!!

Yea I'm going to get it!! Thanks got a few things to work out first!!

#4 ·
If you have already purchased the truck, I'll give you all the money in my wallet for it. :D

If you haven't purchased it yet, could you pm me the owner's name and #....?
I wouldn't try to buy it out from under you, I er...just want to check and see if he has another.....yeah,... YEAH, thats what I want to do! :sly

Reactions: LOG HAULER
#11 ·
droy he doesn't have another KW but he does has a Ford 9000 daycab with a rebuilt 3406a Cat with 44krears 4.11 with a 13speed this truck is very clean as well!!!

#5 ·
The Marmon might have some cool factor but in the end that W900A will make you happier:toytruck

#12 ·
Yea I could tell by talking to him he was a professional he gave me a few pointers on driving making money, saving money and other few things....(women) He said he was retiring and giving up the fleet. Good guy to talk to!!!

#7 · (Edited)
Bargain with him.....sleeper isn't original.

What kind if seat is on the drivers side? With Bostrom Leathers, theres not much room left is there?

Thats aftermarket or homemade upholstry....not original VIT.

#13 ·
You hit the nail on the head the first thing i did was try and slide the seat back.....I think the interior was hand done it looks decent...

#14 ·
He is asking $5500 for the truck!! :whs:whs:whs

Reactions: Rogerstar1
#15 ·
My favorite Big Cam 400 CPL 625 .......I notice something else on this truck to it has the 8 airbag set is this normal for the age?

#19 ·
I'm going to clean ol girl up tomorrow got big plans for her a fresh inframe! High flow injectors (flow rate 270cc) fuel pump 250 psi@ 2300 duel line kit

#21 ·
Do you think that's too hot to run her

#23 ·
Well today I met with ol timer and became the owner of the 79 KW W900
I cleaned her out a lil bit on the inside .......Man I drove it for about 30 mins and receive a lot of praise on the ol girl ...This is my last old iron purchase that I promise!!!!!:salute:woohoo

#24 ·
Glad to hear that you are happy with it , but old Paccars are addictive.:toytruck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.