Join Date: May 2010
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
The way I do it:
1. Pull the the air box and horn, 2 8mm clamps, 2 connectors
2. Remove the 2 8mm bolts on the degas and pull it foward, this allows you to move the harness underneath the degas bottle bracket and pull it on top of it.
3. Remove the 3 push pins holding the plastic harness shield attached to the wiper cowl, this allows you to pull it foward and flip it out of your way(hold it out of your way with a zip tie or something)
4. Remove the cold side intercooler pipe, 2 11mm clamps
5. Remove the 3 10mm turbo bolts, 2 in front 1 behind
6. Remove the 2 exhaust clamps, 2 11mm bolts. An air hammer works wonders here. They're always seized to the pipes. IMO this can be the hardest part if you don't know what your doing
7.Remove the vgt connector
8. Your home free at this point, get yourself a pry bar or a big screw driver and pry the turbo off the pedistal. Once its loose ease it up and foward over the alternator.
06 f350 CCLB SRW. Performance: IDP SCT x-race, Swamps 58v PHP tuned FICM, 4" Straight pipe, Airdog II, TSD Fuel Sump, Direct solenoid from GOGO Diesel, Zoodad mod, S&B Filter, AIS stage 1 water injection, edge insight, ISSPRO guages, FP,LPOP,HPOP,Boost, Arp's, deleted
Last edited by silver6.0; 07-22-2010 at 02:58 AM.