The Diesel Garage banner

High Idle on a 04 and pto question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  harry6.0 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has a 2004 F-450 6.0 that is used as a hooklift truck.

When loading and unloading dumpsters the truck needs to be in neutral. Is there a way to have the truck be in high idle in neutral?

Also the Hydraulics are dreadfully slow. When when stepping on the throttle and raising it to 1500 or so the boom and hook move way slower than any other truck I've seen. It has a new hydraulic pump on it. Ideas?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Great to see you on here Mark, been awhile for most of us, hope all is well. I've had the high idle mod for ages on my 6.0L, works great. Have mine on a simple toggle switch.

Harry

#4 ·
I mainly came back here checking up on you Harry! Glad you are still logging on occasionally!

Things are well w/ me. I retired at the end of last year, but haven't really tackled too many of the projects I was wanting to do! I expect that I will get motivated soon enough though!

Hope you are doing well also! How is the great North-West treating you?

Reactions: harry6.0
#5 ·
Thanks Mark!

Been a long cold snowy winter this year, nice to hear you retired, it must feel great. I'm looking at at least 5-6 more years before I retire. Have a big list of projects too, but seems like motivation is a scarce mood as I get older, especially when snow is piled high and ground is pure ice.

Keep in touch brother...

Harry

Reactions: bismic
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.