New here c15 ecm problems - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Jstephens129, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 64 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

New here c15 ecm problems

Hello !! I have a 97 peterbilt 379 with a c15 6nz that I recently bought from a friend of mine ... long story short one day he had engine bay power washed and truck stopped running found out ecm had a crack on bottom and must of got wet so he borrowed a ecm and truck ran until yesterday probably about six months has passed truck was driven everyday .. i bought truck running put it in my shop and he had to take ecm off and give back to original owner , so I said we'll put old ecm back on hopefully it dried out or didn't permanently damage anything inside it well it didn't work and neither did the one he took off he went and had both ecm bench tested and they said good on both I checked fuse that goes to battery and the pins that go to ecm that should have power and the grounds and they all check out !! Truck just cranks doesn't even try to start I'm stumped we've been trying to figure out what could of happened by just unplugging the ecm ?? Any ideas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode