How to save stock files and unlock after reflash - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bcarriveau, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 9272 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,330 Times in 983 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
How to save stock files and unlock after reflash

Ref-(http://www.MorePowerTuning.com)
FOR THE FORD X2 9400, SF 9415:
INSTALL THE SOFTWARE

* With the Tuner unplugged we need to install the Program XC2dump.exe.
This can be done by clicking here: XC2 Dump
* Save XC2Dump to your computer, and you should be able to just open it right up without installing it. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

INSTALL THE DRIVERS

* To Install the X2 Drivers, all you have to do is click here: X2 Drivers.
* It will run automatically, once done plug in the Tuner.

SAVING A COPY OF YOUR STOCK FILE

* Now that the drivers are installed, open the XC2Dump Program.
* Once opened, click on the button labeled: "CHOOSE DUMP FILE" this will open the window asking where to save your stock file, and what you want to call it.
* Browse to the location of your choice, and name it what you'd like. It's probably a good idea to put the date and car type.
* When you get back to the XC2Dump Program, Press OK, this will save the stock file.
* The X2's do not have a Recovery Stock Mode like the X3's do, but it's still a good idea to save your stock file.

FOR THE FORD X3 3000, SF3 3015, GM SF3 3100, LIVEWIRE 9600, 9621, 9623, and 9625:

INSTALL THE SOFTWARE

* With the Tuner unplugged we need to install the X3/LW Updater Software.
This can be done by clicking here: X3/LW Updater or by Going to our Downloads Page.
* Let it install in the default location, clicking next, next, next until you get to Finish. You should see a New Icon on your desktop for the X3/LW Updater.

INSTALL THE DRIVERS

* Once installed, Plug in the Tuner and wait for the Found New Hardware Wizard to Pop Up.
* It may ask you "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to Search for Software?" If it does, click "No, Not at this Time" and press Next.
* At the Next Window, Select "Install Software Automatically (Recommended)" and click Next. Windows will search and Install the drivers for your device, Click Finish to Finish the Driver Installation.
* NOTE: If a Found New Hardware Wizard did not pop up, and you get an error in the next step, go to the section for Installing Drivers Manually.

* Now that the drivers are installed, open the X3/Livewire Updater software. There will be a new Icon on your desktop. (Yellow, Orange and White.)
* Once opened, click on the button labeled: "GET STOCK FILE" this will open the window asking where to save your stock file.
* Browse to the location of your choice.
* This will save your files as Stock.lbu and Flash.lbu
* The current format of the file will not load back onto the tuner as is, but it can later be sent to me and I can help you to get the stock file in a useable format if it is needed.

Quote:
Unlocking Your Box After a Reflash (Very Important)
Good Morning and Happy Monday to All,

I would like to ask the moderators to please place this as a sticky.

To all SCT customers:

It is very important that if you go to the dealership and get reflashed that you unlock your box before loading any tunes. The Unlock button is in the Liveload software.

If you do not unlock your box, when you reload your stock file you will be loading the stock file before the reflash. This was a change made by SCT when developing the software so customers can use the same Liveload files with the Xcal2 and the Livewire.

Most of the time we don't know when the customer gets a reflash so it is impossible for us to warn anyone, that is the reason we are starting this thread.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact us or SCT directly 407-744-2447 / www.sctflash.com.

Thanks & have a great day,
Vivian
Quote:
That is anytime your strategy changes for either the Xcal2 or the Livewire. You get five unlocks. If you use up the five unlocks, SCT will reset it for you but you will need to send the tuner to them. I believe there is a $65 charge for resetting the unlocks.

Thanks,
Vivian

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

100K miles on 4/7/2010
2005 F250 FX4 Supercab Shortbed
ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

Last edited by Bcarriveau; 03-29-2009 at 09:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bcarriveau For this addition to TDG:
SSpeeDEMONSS (12-30-2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
Please sticky this.

100K miles on 4/7/2010
ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

The TDG TOTQ

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 07:56 PM
off to another home

Thanked 1,364 Times in 1,111 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SSpeeDEMONSS
sticky!

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!
oh well, i have a map to the darkside

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned

You got a sticky..
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
cant keep his eyes off his avatar

100K miles on 4/7/2010
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 09:16 PM
off to another home

Thanked 1,364 Times in 1,111 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to SSpeeDEMONSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarriveau View Post
cant keep his eyes off his avatar
the cat and the mirror?

Garrett

BRING BACK THE OLD TDG!
oh well, i have a map to the darkside

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarriveau View Post
FOR THE FORD X2 9400, SF 9415:
INSTALL THE SOFTWARE

* With the Tuner unplugged we need to install the Program XC2dump.exe.
This can be done by clicking here: XC2 Dump
* Save XC2Dump to your computer, and you should be able to just open it right up without installing it. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

INSTALL THE DRIVERS

* To Install the X2 Drivers, all you have to do is click here: X2 Drivers.
* It will run automatically, once done plug in the Tuner.

* Now that the drivers are installed, open the XC2Dump Program.
* Once opened, click on the button labeled: "CHOOSE DUMP FILE" this will open the window asking where to save your stock file, and what you want to call it.
* Browse to the location of your choice, and name it what you'd like. It's probably a good idea to put the date and car type.
* When you get back to the XC2Dump Program, Press OK, this will save the stock file.
* The X2's do not have a Recovery Stock Mode like the X3's do, but it's still a good idea to save your stock file.

FOR THE FORD X3 3000, SF3 3015, GM SF3 3100, LIVEWIRE 9600, 9621, 9623, and 9625:

INSTALL THE SOFTWARE

* With the Tuner unplugged we need to install the X3/LW Updater Software.
This can be done by clicking here: X3/LW Updater or by Going to our Downloads Page.
* Let it install in the default location, clicking next, next, next until you get to Finish. You should see a New Icon on your desktop for the X3/LW Updater.

INSTALL THE DRIVERS

* Once installed, Plug in the Tuner and wait for the Found New Hardware Wizard to Pop Up.
* It may ask you "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to Search for Software?" If it does, click "No, Not at this Time" and press Next.
* At the Next Window, Select "Install Software Automatically (Recommended)" and click Next. Windows will search and Install the drivers for your device, Click Finish to Finish the Driver Installation.
* NOTE: If a Found New Hardware Wizard did not pop up, and you get an error in the next step, go to the section for Installing Drivers Manually.

* Now that the drivers are installed, open the X3/Livewire Updater software. There will be a new Icon on your desktop. (Yellow, Orange and White.)
* Once opened, click on the button labeled: "GET STOCK FILE" this will open the window asking where to save your stock file.
* Browse to the location of your choice.
* This will save your files as Stock.lbu and Flash.lbu
* The current format of the file will not load back onto the tuner as is, but it can later be sent to me and I can help you to get the stock file in a useable format if it is needed.
Hey guys, Glad to see that my website's content is helping out the diesel community... Would have been nice to list where you copied and pasted it from, but no hard feelings.
http://www.MorePowerTuning.com
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 PM
SLAPS President

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePowerMike View Post
Hey guys, Glad to see that my website's content is helping out the diesel community... Would have been nice to list where you copied and pasted it from, but no hard feelings.
http://www.MorePowerTuning.com
I am not saying this particular copy did not come from your site, but I do know this exact information was posted on here quite some time ago by what was at the time, one of the supporting vendors for this site........

Glad you are not offended..........

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
********* and Mafia #90
Threadstarter

Garage
oops, after the hack things got crazy , i thought i put the link to the site in there as well, i did now..

100K miles on 4/7/2010
Da Rules..Here

Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Dear Tequila:

The TDG TOTQ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
sct, stock file, unlock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode