map mod? - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DieselDadio, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 591 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Krusty the Diesel Clown

Question map mod?

is there a mod one can do to the map sensor to fool it on how much boost it really has . if map show less boost than really has will the computer let it make more before defueling? just curious thanks kirk :thanks:

95 F-350 Crewcab Long Bed Automatic, Banks Down Pipe,Authentic Tymar Filter, Tymar 4" Exhaust, F.P.R.Shim,Pac-Brake,Autometer Z Series Pyro, Trans Temp, and Boost,DIY Coolant Filter,Amsoil, A Pillar Mnt. FPR Shim,DIY Bypass Oil Filter,Tru-Cool Max Tranny Cooler, TS 6 position chip , B.T.S. Valvebody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 03:10 PM

there is a map simulator... the schematics are on my references page on my site. scroll down to the pics. i have not done it but there is tons of info in the other site's archives. sorry can't offer much help since i don't have it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Ggg

DD you are correct in assuming the MAP tells the ECM when to defuel. There are several ways to "fool: the MAP. There is the mentioned MAP simulator. I went in another direction, I installed a air pressure regulator inline with the MAP so it doesn't see any higher then 19-20 PSI. If the MAP does not tell the ECM to defule then the ECM will not do it. So you can get quite a bit moe boost by controlling how much boost the MAP reads.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 06:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to Bad_Bad_Bubba Send a message via Yahoo to Bad_Bad_Bubba
You want to go to here and get a Dual Relief Valve.

This mechanical device is intended to be installed between the MAP sensor and the intake manifold on all Fords 7.3L Turbo Diesel. This device allows any boost pressures above 22PSI to be released so that the SES light is not set and the MAP sensor does not send signal to the PCM to go in to a defueling mode, if you are running high boost, typically found on aftermarket High Performance chips and programs.

2001 F-350, CC, 7.3L, 4X4, DRW, Lariat
10K MOD, AIH Delete, Zoodad, Autometer Gauges, TS Performance 6 position chip, DIY Intake Muffler Delete comming soon!:Thumbup:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Krusty the Diesel Clown
Threadstarter

thanx fellas not trying to get more boost just dont want to defuel if i get to the 22psi range which i think i should if the chip is rite thanks kirk

95 F-350 Crewcab Long Bed Automatic, Banks Down Pipe,Authentic Tymar Filter, Tymar 4" Exhaust, F.P.R.Shim,Pac-Brake,Autometer Z Series Pyro, Trans Temp, and Boost,DIY Coolant Filter,Amsoil, A Pillar Mnt. FPR Shim,DIY Bypass Oil Filter,Tru-Cool Max Tranny Cooler, TS 6 position chip , B.T.S. Valvebody
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:23 PM
BJS

kirk I never had any defueling probs w/ my '95 w/ the stock injectors and 22+ was very easy to obtain

95 F350 Centurion Conversion Bronco (Crew Cab SRW) 4X4 4.10, Isspro Performax Boost, Pyro, & trans temp on the A-pillar, BDP Stage 1 injectors, Open air intake, Dpp Downpipe, Self built E4OD with parts from Racer-X, Tony Wildman Chip, Early '99 Intercooler.

Destin FL Vacation Houses 1 block from the beach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode