The Diesel Garage banner

Mirror Conv.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JimTJr 
#1 ·
Im looking at putting some blinker mirrors on a 2000 f350. im just tryin to find out how hard it is to do and what goes into doing it.

Chris R.

#3 ·
Its simple wiring for just the blinkers. The heat and power stuff is where it gets tricky.

#5 ·
I moved this out of the chips and tuner forum since it really didn't apply.

Reactions: Zaairman
#7 ·
One other thing to consider...is the plug ends. When I put heated TT mirrors on my truck, they had an altogether different end that what was in the door. I managed to get a set of plug ends that matched the mirror...and went that route.

#8 ·
Plug ends are like your appendix. You'll be fine without them. :thumbsup :haha

#9 ·
Nothing tricky about it. I did the Heated/signal mirrors on my 03. (It is a 7.3L so they didn't have them) The trickiest part will be the plug. I wired the heater to a switch, wired to key on hot. That way if I forget to turn it off, no problem.

Here are a couple pictures of my install.

My "Donor plug" from just about ANY Ford product at the junk yard. (Not even sure what plug it is, just that the pins matched)

The plug from any heated/lighted power mirror. (That is how many wires your mirrors will have)

Plug from the truck, your truck will only have three wires on each side. (Plug will likely be round) I think Powerstroke shop has adapters? Not sure. Or you could see what plugs cost from Ford and wire them in place of your plugs.

My switch, just a lit while on rocker switch from auto parts store, no real amperage going through it.

My almost finished install, (the loose wire is the heater wire, I didn't get to those for a few days. Ran it into the truck then found my voltage source)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.