Chevy video out pulls Ford and Dodge - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by DmaxRig, this thread has received 27 replies and been viewed 3517 times.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Chevy video out pulls Ford and Dodge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115662

Check out this video, Chevy out performs the Ford and Dodge!!!!!!!!! Good stuff!!!:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 02:58 PM
gotta love black smoke!

Link doesnt work

Jon K
2003 F250 CC LB 4x4 PSD stock for now

1999 "Freight shaker" Century direct 10 Detroit 12.7
Pulling a 2001 Utility 53ft airride logistics Trailer LED all around.

sold 94 supercab LB 4x4 PSD ZF5 XLT , 357,000 miles(original motor) Bully Dog 4 pos chip, diy intake, 3in DP into 3in straight pipe, egt gauge, levelin kit and 265/75r16 on 16x8 rims

sold 2003 Mercedes SLK32 AMG Tax write off lol...
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Huh, cant get it to work sorry. If you go to www.edmunds.com and look for 2006 heavy duty comparison you can watch the video.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 12:35 AM
'Ol Builder guy

If i understand this test correctly, each truck was loaded to 81% of its' GCWR. The Ford had the highest (by far) GCWR of the 3 trucks at 26,000 lbs.GM was 23,500lbs and DC was 21,000 lbs.

That means the Ford was loaded with an additional 3700 lbs of cinder blocks over the Dodge and 1260 lbs more cinder blocks than the Chevy.

If I understand this test correctly, just because FORD gives you a higher GCWR, these "experts" loaded more weight on the Ford than the DC or GM.

If I'm reading this correctly, then this is the most retarded stand alone test I've ever seen done in a pickup truck shootout in the history of trucks.

How can the Ford be expected to win if it has more weight to pull up the hill???

What if these so called "truck experts" just put the same weight behind each truck and performed the test? My guess is the Ford would have done considerably better.

I actually think the FORD was the most impressive since it pulled the heaviest load in the 2nd fastest time with the lowest HP/TQ rating, even if it had lower gears. Why not test a Ford with 4.10's and the standard GCWR and see what happens.

Heck, the EMPTY Ford truck weighs like 500-600 more lbs.

What a stupid test done by stupid a magazine .
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Funny how the Ford and Dodge guys always call it unfair. I saw the Dodge guys crying it was unfair, even though they were the lightest. Maybe Ford shoudnt have s higher GCWR rating if it cant handle it.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxRig
Funny how the Ford and Dodge guys always call it unfair. I saw the Dodge guys crying it was unfair, even though they were the lightest. Maybe Ford shoudnt have s higher GCWR rating if it cant handle it.
I recommend you stop now! your starting a brand bashing which is not allowed on this site, yes theres the joking kind of brand bashing, but then theres the not joking kind, and it's true it is unfair the chevy has an advantage with the auto six speed the could have at least gave the dodge a manual six speed so it's a little fair same with the ford, see theres the guys like me and duke that stand up for all the brands, then theres the guys like you that are so caught up in thier brand that a site that probably has no technical knowledge on diesel trucks, i'm gonna stop now before i go to far.

-Charley, 1995 Nissan hardbody, single cab,2.4 i-4, 5spd, straight piped - 4.5in tip, 2x Rockford Fosgate R1's

Quote:
"I Caught that diesel thing, now it stings when I pee"
The Diesel Garage.com
Can You Keep Up??
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 10:53 AM
4cstr

Quote:
I fixed the video link up on top for you.

It was an unfair test. What do you mean Ford shouldn't have a higher GCWR if it can't handle it. It did. It came in second with that higher rating. So you're saying that because Ford didn't win because it had an extra 3700 pounds strapped to its back...then it shouldn't have the higher rating? Really...that doesn't make much sense.

Tell ya what. I'm fairly out of shape...ok really out of shape. You're in better shape than me. Lets have a race. But...because you're in better shape you have to haul an extra 300 pounds on your back. When I win the race...what does that prove?

Abso-freaken-lutely nothing at all.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I apologize if I came off as brand bashing, not my intentions and I cant stand it when other people do it so I'm sorry. Ive had Dodge's with the Cummins, and my dad has 2 at home. I like em, good trucks. Also, being a farmer, I have quit a bit off knowledge on diesel engines, more than the average person. I prefer the Dmax obviously, I think it performs better than the Dodges we have, and the Fords I've run before. I still think the test was fair. Just becaue GM has a 6 speed auto and Dodge has a 4 doesnt make it unfair, thats just how they come stock. True, dodge probably would have done better on the grade with a 6 speed manual. But the test was auto vs auto, which is what most people prefer. Once again I apologize guys, Id own any of the 3 trucks in a heartbeat, I personally prefer the GM, and thought the test was fair, but just my opinion.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:05 PM
'Ol Builder guy

Quote:
I apologize if I came off as brand bashing, not my intentions and I cant stand it when other people do it so I'm sorry. Ive had Dodge's with the Cummins, and my dad has 2 at home. I like em, good trucks. Also, being a farmer, I have quit a bit off knowledge on diesel engines, more than the average person. I prefer the Dmax obviously, I think it performs better than the Dodges we have, and the Fords I've run before. I still think the test was fair. Just becaue GM has a 6 speed auto and Dodge has a 4 doesnt make it unfair, thats just how they come stock. True, dodge probably would have done better on the grade with a 6 speed manual. But the test was auto vs auto, which is what most people prefer. Once again I apologize guys, Id own any of the 3 trucks in a heartbeat, I personally prefer the GM, and thought the test was fair, but just my opinion.
What you need to do is go back and read carefully how the test was done.
Tell me how the chevy would have done with more weight strapped to it than the Ford.

Maybe if you really wanted to be "fair", they would strap more weight on the chevy since it has more gears and more HP and it has less curb weight. But no, these "geniuses" are more interested in letting a GCWR sticker to determine how to "level the playing field".

All 3 trucks should be pulling the same amount of weight. These retards that did this test aren't even smart enough to understand that these 3 trucks compete for the same market segment, so they should be tested as such.

It's a damn shame a couple of guys like me & 4cstr have more brains & truck experience than the tards that tested the trucks.

Buy what you want, I can see the Ford may have won the test with the least HP/TQ if the total weights of all 3 trucks were the same. The DC would have been a distant 3rd.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Diesel Power Mag did a comparison but did use the same weight trailor on all three. Chevy still killed on acceleration loaded and unloaded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode