LB7, LLY What does it all mean? -
Thread Details Posted by BioDiesel, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 2166 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2007, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
LB7, LLY What does it all mean?

I'm in the research phase of purchasing a used Duramax truck. I understand that LB7 is an engine designation but does it refer to anything specific about the engine? I think I want a 2000 - 2004 Duramax, I'm mostly picking this range because it puts them more in my price range. I have a Dodge Ram 2500 with a Hemi right now and kick myself for not getting the diesel. As my username implies, I want to start making my own BioDiesel. I'm looking for a Duramax, because based on people I've talked with and post I've read, it seems to get the best mileage out of the big three. I'm looking for a crew cab, 4X4, and I'd prefer a long bed (I could fit my motorcycle in there and still close the tailgate). I live in South Florida and there doesn't seem to be lot of used ones with all of those things I want. Texas seems to have quite a few, and they run between $19,000 to $24,000 for one under 100,000 miles. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 05:11 PM
The engine designations have to do w/the generations. Each designation they changed, some things, mechanical, upped the horse etc. I think a crew cab long bed will be hard to find. I had a problem when buying my 07 finding an ext long bed w/the options I wanted, ended up getting a new one. Compared to what htey were getting for used 30,900 for a truck w/30,000 miles or spend 38 on a brand new one, I got a new one.

1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode