The Diesel Garage banner

Air pocket in head

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SmokinCAT 
#1 ·
This is the second time I've had a air pocket in the front of the head after letting the truck sit 3 days. Go to start it, let it warm up and the temp gauge won't move tell thermostat opens, new gauge, thermostat and motor rebuild 90 thousand ago by ynut.

#3 ·
I know you said new hose for the vent line, but did you happen to check to see if the fittings were clear?

Reactions: TIZDEEP
#4 ·
I would also check for restrictions/ blockage between the surge tank and water pump and the surge tank return line, the return line is pretty small and could get plugged easily.

Reactions: TIZDEEP
#6 ·
I don't know what kind of truck you have but some trucks use a air control heater shut off. have seen many air compressors changed with out testing them and come to find out it was the air valve letting air pressure into the coolant. have seen many head gaskets changed for this and at least two engines overhauled.Also what makes you think it is air locked?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.