The Diesel Garage banner

2001 International 4700 Bucket T444 engine ignition problem

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IHBUCKEYE 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to this board and hoping some one can help me out, I just bought a 2001 International 4700 Bucket with a T444E Engine and I was having some concern. Every morning when I start the truck up it turns on a little bit but then 1-2 seconds later it turns off, I dont know if it is related to a sensor or whatnot but after the second to third try it turns on and stays on. So it is that initial ignition that never works everytime you try and start it up, does anyone know what it might be? Also if someone could describe or show me a picture of where the ECU computer is on this truck to troubleshoot it would be great, I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The engine ECM is mounted on the right side of the engine, I don't think thats your problem though. When you crank on it the second time does it even try to fire or just crank? Could be low voltage issue to the IPR valve while cranking, Could be fuel system lost prime. Need more info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.