Brighter "driving " lights... [Archive] - TheDieselGarage.com

: Brighter "driving " lights...

Extended Power
02-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Anyone have an answer to getting the really bright mofo's. As a replacment bulb, I'm not sure as to what to get. (Mine still work, I just want something brighter)

I had the PIAA lights in the main headlights, but after burning out 2 on the same side, (No...I did not touch them with my oilly fingers...) I put the stock ones back in.

What are brighter than the PIAA's for the headlights??

blood
02-24-2006, 04:38 AM
i know in the older 7.3s they had trouble handling the extra pull threw the harnesses.my buddy burnt up his plug on the right side.a few others i know did the same all on the right side.i havent heard anything on the newer trucks yet.well until now.

AUGSX
02-24-2006, 04:51 AM
get a set of sylvania silver stars and a upgraded harness, you won't be disapointed. Or you could just go for broke and put the harness and a set of HID's. :evil:

AUG :grd

Extended Power
02-24-2006, 04:58 AM
AUG...your sig says you have HIDs in headlights and fogs...where did you get them? Do you have the part #'s??

BUCKSHOT
02-24-2006, 05:04 AM
In my truck DMAX when I had it leveled it made my lights REALLY BRIGHT.

I hate getting behind a bald man it blinds me.

AUGSX
02-24-2006, 05:06 AM
You've got a pm.

blood
02-24-2006, 06:33 AM
augsx, id like to know how to get ahold of the stuff myself. thanks.

Kawis Dad
02-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I want them also. Last year nobody made anything but PIAA, and I tossed them and put the stockers in too. I was told by Sylvania the Silverstars will not be made for the new configuration bulb the '05's and up have. I do have them in the fog's, same bulb as earlier year trucks.

BROKER
02-24-2006, 12:45 PM
AUG...your sig says you have HIDs in headlights and fogs...where did you get them? Do you have the part #'s??

Hey , I'd like to know too. We always felt the Silver Stars were adequate in the 02-04 lights . but we find the 05-06 lights dissapointing. We have Hella HIDs on the bumper but it suffers on low beam . HID would be nice , but we never found any, please share the info with all of us.:thanks:

Badstang
02-24-2006, 01:58 PM
PM me the information also please

Betaracer
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
I've had the same PIAA bulbs since the second day I've owned my truck (Nov 1,2003). Never had a problem.

For real bright, I have some additional PIAA driving lamps relayed with the highbeams.

tasman
02-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Anyone have an answer to getting the really bright mofo's. As a replacment bulb, I'm not sure as to what to get. (Mine still work, I just want something brighter)

I had the PIAA lights in the main headlights, but after burning out 2 on the same side, (No...I did not touch them with my oilly fingers...) I put the stock ones back in.

What are brighter than the PIAA's for the headlights??

I have the upgraded harness and then I put the HELLAs :Thumbup: and they were a great improvement over the SilverStars. Now I went back to the SilverStars and a BrightBox:smoke: and it is best, when I am able to use my highbeams. They say the Hellas and a bright box could melt housing, so that is why I switched back to the Silverstars.

TasMan

BlackSuperStroker33
02-24-2006, 08:05 PM
I would also like some info on the bulbs PM me too please?

AUGSX
02-24-2006, 08:12 PM
OK well I can't pm everyone so here is the guys info. I hope I am not stepping on any feet here. I don't think anyone here sells them any ways. The guys email is bigkenlacasa@aol.com his name is Kam. Great guy. Tell him Augie sent you.

Jakkle5
02-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Xenonking.com is an alternative depending on what head lights you have

QtrHorse
02-24-2006, 09:30 PM
AUGSX;

You PM'd me the info some time ago but I have not sent an email to the guy. Does he sell complete kits (ballasts, bulbs, housings and ect.,) that convert to HID or does he just sell the bulbs? Do you have any pic's of your HID conversion?

AUGSX
02-24-2006, 10:51 PM
AUGSX;

You PM'd me the info some time ago but I have not sent an email to the guy. Does he sell complete kits (ballasts, bulbs, housings and ect.,) that convert to HID or does he just sell the bulbs? Do you have any pic's of your HID conversion?

They are bulbs which are made to directly replace your stock bulb, kits come with ballast, bulb and ignitor. I have had mine since november and know I hate to drive anything that does not have HIDs. :Thumbup:

vrsc
02-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Thanks, is there much wiring needed??

AUGSX
02-25-2006, 01:10 PM
No none. But I would recommend you run a upgraded harness it will help out alot. BTW I am working with PSD Player to get a group buy going on these things so let me know how many would be interested in a kit.

tasman
02-25-2006, 06:38 PM
No none. But I would recommend you run a upgraded harness it will help out alot. BTW I am working with PSD Player to get a group buy going on these things so let me know how many would be interested in a kit.

Augie
I would like more information on the system you are talking about. Is there a web sight or anything showing more. Does the system have highbeams? If it is a clean system and not real expensive, I would be interested in getting in on a group buy.:thanks:

TasMan

QtrHorse
02-26-2006, 04:09 AM
I would be interested if it actually puts out more usable light and not just blinds everyone like all the other cheap (not saying his is cheap) HID kits. Does it have high and low beams? Will it work on the 2003 and below lights?

Count me in if all these are yes.

JohnBoyToo
02-26-2006, 09:17 AM
once u get it worked out on YOUR 05 EX, then I'd be interested for MY 05 Ex :)