Chevy video out pulls Ford and Dodge [Archive] - TheDieselGarage.com

: Chevy video out pulls Ford and Dodge

DmaxRig
06-14-2006, 04:13 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=115662

Check out this video, Chevy out performs the Ford and Dodge!!!!!!!!! Good stuff!!!:popcorn:

Kasprzak85
06-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Link doesnt work

DmaxRig
06-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Huh, cant get it to work sorry. If you go to www.edmunds.com and look for 2006 heavy duty comparison you can watch the video.

Duke
06-15-2006, 12:35 AM
If i understand this test correctly, each truck was loaded to 81% of its' GCWR. The Ford had the highest (by far) GCWR of the 3 trucks at 26,000 lbs.GM was 23,500lbs and DC was 21,000 lbs.

That means the Ford was loaded with an additional 3700 lbs of cinder blocks over the Dodge and 1260 lbs more cinder blocks than the Chevy.

If I understand this test correctly, just because FORD gives you a higher GCWR, these "experts" loaded more weight on the Ford than the DC or GM.

If I'm reading this correctly, then this is the most retarded stand alone test I've ever seen done in a pickup truck shootout in the history of trucks.

How can the Ford be expected to win if it has more weight to pull up the hill???

What if these so called "truck experts" just put the same weight behind each truck and performed the test? My guess is the Ford would have done considerably better.

I actually think the FORD was the most impressive since it pulled the heaviest load in the 2nd fastest time with the lowest HP/TQ rating, even if it had lower gears. Why not test a Ford with 4.10's and the standard GCWR and see what happens.

Heck, the EMPTY Ford truck weighs like 500-600 more lbs.

What a stupid test done by stupid a magazine .

DmaxRig
06-15-2006, 02:36 AM
Funny how the Ford and Dodge guys always call it unfair. I saw the Dodge guys crying it was unfair, even though they were the lightest. Maybe Ford shoudnt have s higher GCWR rating if it cant handle it.

diesel_ram_man
06-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Funny how the Ford and Dodge guys always call it unfair. I saw the Dodge guys crying it was unfair, even though they were the lightest. Maybe Ford shoudnt have s higher GCWR rating if it cant handle it.

I recommend you stop now! your starting a brand bashing which is not allowed on this site, yes theres the joking kind of brand bashing, but then theres the not joking kind, and it's true it is unfair the chevy has an advantage with the auto six speed the could have at least gave the dodge a manual six speed so it's a little fair same with the ford, see theres the guys like me and duke that stand up for all the brands, then theres the guys like you that are so caught up in thier brand that a site that probably has no technical knowledge on diesel trucks, i'm gonna stop now before i go to far.

4cstr
06-15-2006, 10:53 AM

I fixed the video link up on top for you.

It was an unfair test. What do you mean Ford shouldn't have a higher GCWR if it can't handle it. It did. It came in second with that higher rating. So you're saying that because Ford didn't win because it had an extra 3700 pounds strapped to its back...then it shouldn't have the higher rating? Really...that doesn't make much sense.

Tell ya what. I'm fairly out of shape...ok really out of shape. You're in better shape than me. Lets have a race. But...because you're in better shape you have to haul an extra 300 pounds on your back. When I win the race...what does that prove?

Abso-freaken-lutely nothing at all.

DmaxRig
06-15-2006, 04:43 PM
I apologize if I came off as brand bashing, not my intentions and I cant stand it when other people do it so I'm sorry. Ive had Dodge's with the Cummins, and my dad has 2 at home. I like em, good trucks. Also, being a farmer, I have quit a bit off knowledge on diesel engines, more than the average person. I prefer the Dmax obviously, I think it performs better than the Dodges we have, and the Fords I've run before. I still think the test was fair. Just becaue GM has a 6 speed auto and Dodge has a 4 doesnt make it unfair, thats just how they come stock. True, dodge probably would have done better on the grade with a 6 speed manual. But the test was auto vs auto, which is what most people prefer. Once again I apologize guys, Id own any of the 3 trucks in a heartbeat, I personally prefer the GM, and thought the test was fair, but just my opinion.

Duke
06-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I apologize if I came off as brand bashing, not my intentions and I cant stand it when other people do it so I'm sorry. Ive had Dodge's with the Cummins, and my dad has 2 at home. I like em, good trucks. Also, being a farmer, I have quit a bit off knowledge on diesel engines, more than the average person. I prefer the Dmax obviously, I think it performs better than the Dodges we have, and the Fords I've run before. I still think the test was fair. Just becaue GM has a 6 speed auto and Dodge has a 4 doesnt make it unfair, thats just how they come stock. True, dodge probably would have done better on the grade with a 6 speed manual. But the test was auto vs auto, which is what most people prefer. Once again I apologize guys, Id own any of the 3 trucks in a heartbeat, I personally prefer the GM, and thought the test was fair, but just my opinion.

What you need to do is go back and read carefully how the test was done.
Tell me how the chevy would have done with more weight strapped to it than the Ford.

Maybe if you really wanted to be "fair", they would strap more weight on the chevy since it has more gears and more HP and it has less curb weight. But no, these "geniuses" are more interested in letting a GCWR sticker to determine how to "level the playing field". LOL

All 3 trucks should be pulling the same amount of weight. These retards that did this test aren't even smart enough to understand that these 3 trucks compete for the same market segment, so they should be tested as such.

It's a damn shame a couple of guys like me & 4cstr have more brains & truck experience than the tards that tested the trucks.

Buy what you want, I can see the Ford may have won the test with the least HP/TQ if the total weights of all 3 trucks were the same. The DC would have been a distant 3rd.

DmaxRig
06-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Diesel Power Mag did a comparison but did use the same weight trailor on all three. Chevy still killed on acceleration loaded and unloaded.

4cstr
06-16-2006, 12:23 AM
I'm not brand bashing in any way shape or form. Truth be told...right now I think the D'Max is the best diesel engine right now on the market. But I believe that if tests are going to be done, they need to be fair. The transmissions don't bother me. You are right...you test what they come with.

Duke
06-16-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm not brand bashing, either. I'm retard bashing. That test was done by retards and only a retard would take its' results seriously.

I also think GM has the best drivetrain, and Ford has the best chassis, but if one can't see how a truck with more HP, TQ, gears and lower curb weight and a 1,500lb lighter trailer wouldn't win a race, then your bowtie obstructed your ability to see things clearly.

I actually think Ford steals the show by finishing second with 5 disadvantages (HP, TQ, tranny, curb weight, trailer weight) and only one advantage (4.30 rear).

The Dodge flat out stunk in the test with the lightest trailer and a 3rd place finish.

LOL

bobo
06-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Chevy out on top again....gotta love it.

scooch
06-17-2006, 01:34 PM
duke if you put the same weight on all three trucks and give them all 3.73 rear ends do you think the test would have been any different. and also you cant say the chevy has an advantage in the tranny area because the 6th gear is just an extra overdrive and had no effect on the pulling tests done.

Duke
06-17-2006, 04:57 PM
duke if you put the same weight on all three trucks and give them all 3.73 rear ends do you think the test would have been any different. and also you cant say the chevy has an advantage in the tranny area because the 6th gear is just an extra overdrive and had no effect on the pulling tests done.

Yes, absolutely I can. The Ford may not have won, but it would have been FAR closer. As an owner of trucks with 3.73's and 4.30's, I can say with 7 years experience towing in both trucks, that it would have been different. Until you can prove to me that you have 2 trucks set up that way and you tow with both like I do, you can't tell me any different, either.

The Ford weighs ONE TON more. I don't care what rear is in the truck, in a 1/4 mile race, an extra ton is a HUGE disadvantage.

Adding more weight to a truck simply because it has a different GCWR sticker is RETARDED.

C.A.P
06-18-2006, 02:13 AM
endless banter ,:shrug: Chevys , can create more HP, with no oil psi to run the injection system.:sly: Common rail will always prevail :Thumbup: . Show me a Ford in the 10's .........:shrug: I dont think so ! This is not Brand bashing as said here ; However when Ford can make a race engine that can compete, I may consider!LOL ...............LOL

superf350
06-18-2006, 03:50 AM
Are you saying a Ford can't make 10's? I think there are 3 that are very close. Gene, DJ and Snow white. The 6.0's do not need a different oil system to make big power either. :pointlaugh

rocweiller
06-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Diesel Power Mag did a comparison but did use the same weight trailor on all three. Chevy still killed on acceleration loaded and unloaded.
I say hardly killed. Gear ratio's weren't even equal. Both Dodge and Chevy were more influenced by the trailer than the Ford. And Diesel Power also stated that the Ford was a better Tow/Hauler. But everyone thinks that getting there a little faster is better , but not if you're going be all over the road in my opinoin.

DmaxRig
06-18-2006, 06:23 AM
I say hardly killed. Gear ratio's weren't even equal. Both Dodge and Chevy were more influenced by the trailer than the Ford. And Diesel Power also stated that the Ford was a better Tow/Hauler. But everyone thinks that getting there a little faster is better , but not if you're going be all over the road in my opinoin.

Actually, KILLED was the word they used. Gear ratios were not equal, Ford was higher geared and that should have been an advantage. Get the load moving quicker off the line. Getting thier faster really dosent matter, but it sure does feel good passing the Fords up hill with the same load. :evil: Father in lsaw told me his 6.0 would kill my GM up hill with the same load, he woudlnt hardly talk to me after I passed em.

Duke
06-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Just remember, it's OK to bash the article as we have been, just don't bash each other's brand of truck. LOL

I have never once said anything negative about the GM, DC or Ford product in this thread. What I have done is bash the TEST by the DOPES that did the test. Clearly these 'tards don't know a truck from a TV set.

Those 3 trucks are in direct competition for the exact same market segment. They should be tested by pulling the same amount of weight.

Crap.... if anything, the Ford should have had a lighter trailer since it has a heavier curb weight than GM or DC. :shrug:

I actually took a great deal of positive out of the article on the Ford truck. Made me feel much better that the Ford can be loaded heavier than the other 2 and still take 2nd. With the least amount of power and the heaviest weight, it still managed 2nd place.:Thumbup: My guess is with equal trailer loads (2,000lbs taken off of it) it could have tied the GM.

superf350
06-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Or beat it! :splat

rocweiller
06-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Actually, KILLED was the word they used. Gear ratios were not equal, Ford was higher geared and that should have been an advantage. Get the load moving quicker off the line. Getting thier faster really dosent matter, but it sure does feel good passing the Fords up hill with the same load. :evil: Father in lsaw told me his 6.0 would kill my GM up hill with the same load, he woudlnt hardly talk to me after I passed em.

Isn't 4.30's lower geared? Isn't that why rock crawlers go to 4.10 and 4.56's?
Any Gm still wasn't rated as the best tow/hauler!

DmaxRig
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Isn't 4.30's lower geared? Isn't that why rock crawlers go to 4.10 and 4.56's?
Any Gm still wasn't rated as the best tow/hauler!

Yes, Im sorry. 4:30's are geared lower, that was what I meant. Having lower gears will effect your over all mileage cause your running higher RPM's, but you'll be quicker off the line and would be able to get the load moving quicker. Power mag stated that the GM was most effected by the trailor, but yet it slowed down the least with the trailor? Makes no sense. All in all, they all make good trucks. But, right now GM is putting out 35 more hp, and 90 more ft lb with a 6 speed auto. It should have more power and be able to outpull the others, and it does. If Ford was putting out more power, it would outpull!!!

sqrl$$
06-20-2006, 03:02 AM
I have both the 325/600 cummins, and the new LBZ 360 Duramax. You cannot really compare the two. The Duramax will absolutely blow the doors off of the Cummins in acceleration either empty or loaded, but put the same load on them and the Cummins doesn't pull down on a hill like the Duramax. Trying to compare them is like apples and oranges. I tried out the 6.0 Ford, but felt like you really had to be standing on it all the time. If you did, it would fly, but who wants to be running the Sh*t our of your truck all the time. All three have there pros and cons, the Ford has the best look and beefiest overall truck, the Chevy by far has the best trans, and the Dodge has a motor that will outlast the Ford and Chevy put together. On the other hand, Ford has the least power and torque, Dodges trans sucks, and the Chevy is a lightweight (as far as chassis strength). If you are brand loyal, great, but don't bash everything else on the road, just be proud of your truck. Me personally, I have always been a Dodge man, but I am enthused to see any other brand and their owners who take pride in them. If the truth be told, I would love to have a Ford with a cummins motor and Allison trans. I think this would be the best of all worlds, looks, strength, dependability and usablility. :Thumbup:

mrector
06-20-2006, 12:08 PM
I have both the 325/600 cummins, and the new LBZ 360 Duramax. You cannot really compare the two. The Duramax will absolutely blow the doors off of the Cummins in acceleration either empty or loaded, but put the same load on them and the Cummins doesn't pull down on a hill like the Duramax. Trying to compare them is like apples and oranges. I tried out the 6.0 Ford, but felt like you really had to be standing on it all the time. If you did, it would fly, but who wants to be running the Sh*t our of your truck all the time. All three have there pros and cons, the Ford has the best look and beefiest overall truck, the Chevy by far has the best trans, and the Dodge has a motor that will outlast the Ford and Chevy put together. On the other hand, Ford has the least power and torque, Dodges trans sucks, and the Chevy is a lightweight (as far as chassis strength). If you are brand loyal, great, but don't bash everything else on the road, just be proud of your truck. Me personally, I have always been a Dodge man, but I am enthused to see any other brand and their owners who take pride in them. If the truth be told, I would love to have a Ford with a cummins motor and Allison trans. I think this would be the best of all worlds, looks, strength, dependability and usablility. :Thumbup:

This man knows the gospel!!

XR680R
06-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks guys I think I will be happier with my new purches of the GMC 2500 Duramax LBZ Diesel.:thanks: :Thumbup:

4cstr
06-22-2006, 03:39 AM
Thanks guys I think I will be happier with my new purches of the GMC 2500 Duramax LBZ Diesel.:thanks: :Thumbup:

Congrats on the truck. Now get some pictures posted so we can see the truck and start telling ya how to mod it. :sly: :Thumbup: LOL :sofa

superjet801
07-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Guys,
seems it all depends on what is important to you.
Seems like if you want the fastest Diesel truck you buy the chevy.
If you plan to pull weight and or a trailer, you buy the ford.
If you want to belive you are driving a peterbuilt you buy the dodge.......

Seems like I bought my truck to tow the 16K trailer, there is only one that will do that....
FORD SD F350.

SO, i'm ok with the Chevy passing me....