How to get diesel off of clothes.?? [Archive] - TheDieselGarage.com

: How to get diesel off of clothes.??

jethrow
12-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Is there any laundry soap that will get diesel fuel off of a carhartt jacket??

thanks~

:popcorn:

fellro86
12-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I would like to know also, only thing I have had any luck with it multiple washings, but dish soap (powdered machine soap) helps.

big_rooster
12-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Mostly time but you can try using a hand degreaser like goop or that orange stuff. Lets just say yer carharrt has some character now. I've used a pressure washer on my work jackets before.

plainredtruck
12-16-2007, 03:36 AM
Simple Green - works great in the laundry as well as a pre-soak.

Any citrus cleaner is D'Limonene based (citrus oil refined and operates as a solvent) and will clean diesel if the concentration is high enough.

prt

Mrs Shifter
12-16-2007, 03:58 AM
Dawn dish detergent works wonders... I use the Lime with the "Odor Eraser"... it really does a great job. I figure if they can use it to degrease a duck after an oil spill (and yes, that's what they use cuz it's biodegradeable), then it'll take #2 outta my clothes LOL

keydl
12-16-2007, 07:11 AM
For small spots, ether and compressed air. Yes it is explosive with an ignition source.

For large amounts, a little more none solvent degreaser than diesel soaked in 1/2 hour before washing.

keydl

NukleusX
12-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Lets just say yer carharrt has some character now.

Thats pretty much how I think as well. :Thumbup: LOL

redneck_psd
12-19-2007, 03:26 AM
Dawn dish detergent works wonders... I use the Lime with the "Odor Eraser"... it really does a great job. I figure if they can use it to degrease a duck after an oil spill (and yes, that's what they use cuz it's biodegradeable), then it'll take #2 outta my clothes LOL

I agree Dawn dish detergent works the best I had a can of diesel fuel in the cab of my truck and some ended up on the floor of it. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the smell out. I ended up using dawn and it took the smell away. IMO it works the best and thats what ill be using to get the smell off my clothes or outta my truck from now on.

Birken Vogt
12-19-2007, 03:49 AM
I used to work where there was a higher-end front load washer, and the water heater was really hot. That did the trick with most anything, just really hot water, a heavy dose of soap and a long run in the machine.

Birken

fordt
12-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Why would you want to get the smell of diesel out of your clothes? :shrug: LOL :poke:

I just wash mine a few times in a row, and it seems to get better.

Milanda
03-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Try this.......regular Tide liquid... pour onto spot...spread around with
old toothbrush or whatever...then regular hot water wash in machine
if machine washable

bmoeller
03-08-2008, 12:39 AM
All I use on my work clothes is Era and sometimes Oxi-Clean if I have some. I ALWAYS wash my work clothes (oily/greasy/fuel or not) with hot water on the wash cycle and warm rinse. Warm/hot water is works MUCH better on oil/grease. Really helps to soften it up and helps the fibers let go of the oil. Cold water work work worth a crap on oil/grease. Never have to rewash anything.

redneck_psd
03-08-2008, 05:20 AM
I had diesel about 8 oz of fuel spill out of a container inside my truck.
I tried everything. Honestly the only thing that got rid of the smell was dawn dish liquid. I pour dawn directly on the area where the spill was took a scrub brush and a little water to get it all foamy and then just took regular water and rinsed it away.