bleeding fuel lines [Archive] - TheDieselGarage.com

: bleeding fuel lines

jdreda
04-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I just replaced my injection pump in my 03 lb7 and was wondering if there was any special way to bleed the lines or do i just keep pushing the primer pump while someone cranks the engine over.

ripmf666
04-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Keep priming and cranking over let up and keep trying. Most of the time they will fire up.

blackcloudCTD95
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM
NEVER crack open a CR injector line..... Fill the filter with fuel... crack the little plastic screw, prime until you see fuel squirt out.. close it walk back in crank it.. and repeat until you get it running....

TANK'S 250
04-06-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't know if its different for your truck...

But I don't think cranking it is a good idea...

When I did my entire Stage II fuel system....I just cycled the key about 10 times,...then it fired right up...

ripmf666
04-06-2009, 11:32 PM

When I did my entire Stage II fuel system....I just cycled the key about 10 times,...then it fired right up...

Tank does Fords come with a factory lift pump? The Cp3 pump has a high pressureside and a pump that pulls with vacuum from the tank to the Cp3.We can only primer ontop of the filter then crank and then try again,makes it nice having a extra hand or a lift pump installed.

TANK'S 250
04-07-2009, 12:07 AM
nope...no lift pump.....that is why I said that I didn't know if it would be the same.'

I tried.

ripmf666
04-07-2009, 12:25 AM
nope...no lift pump.....that is why I said that I didn't know if it would be the same.'

I tried.

When you said (I just cycled the key about 10 times,...then it fired right up...) Did you crank it over at all or just on and off with the key.I thought some of the fords came with a factory lift pump.

TANK'S 250
04-07-2009, 01:14 AM
on and off....no cranking....I let the fuel pump do all the work

SSpeeDEMONSS
04-07-2009, 01:25 AM
When you said (I just cycled the key about 10 times,...then it fired right up...) Did you crank it over at all or just on and off with the key.I thought some of the fords came with a factory lift pump.

its not a lift pump. its the stock fuel pump. HFCM to be exact. if you cycle the key on the pump goes on for a few seconds or until pressure is built. if you continue to cycle it it will eventually bleed air out of the lines.

Garrett

ripmf666
04-07-2009, 01:43 AM
So its closer to a lift pump then what the Dmax comes with lol, If we just turn the key on and off we get nothing lol.

TANK'S 250
04-07-2009, 01:52 AM
ours cycles(runs)for about 10 seconds

blackcloudCTD95
04-07-2009, 11:40 PM

Were you talking to me LOL? Why cant you crank it after you ghot the filter primed up with fuel in it and you got out all the air?

TANK'S 250
04-07-2009, 11:46 PM
air in injectors is the same as sand....they don't like it at all...lol

SSpeeDEMONSS
04-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Were you talking to me LOL? Why cant you crank it after you ghot the filter primed up with fuel in it and you got out all the air?

air in injectors is the same as sand....they don't like it at all...lol

and with a regtulated return the more you cycle it the better chance you have of all the air cycling through the heads and back to the tank.

Garrett

blackcloudCTD95
04-08-2009, 02:58 AM
and with a regtulated return the more you cycle it the better chance you have of all the air cycling through the heads and back to the tank.

Garrett

Yeah..... when you have pump of some sort.. like my truck.... I can cycle the key all day.... nothing will happen.... until I turn it over.... my lift pump runs off my cam.. with he 6.0 after Ido a FF... I just cycle the key... let it stop humming cycle it again and crank it...

But with a D max they have a bleeder you crack it open and prime it like a lawn mower till you see the bubbles and fuel start to come out then you close the bleeder

jdreda
04-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Well I got it started all i did was fill the filter and just kept priming till it got tight then cranked it over a couple of times. Then primed it again till it got tight and cranked it again and it fired right up. I let it run for while hoping all the air gets out of the injectors.