The Diesel Garage banner

Air filter minder

6K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  blowin smoke 
#1 ·
This evening driving home my Air Filter warning light came on in the dash. I was 5 minutes from home so I decided to drive that little bit a look under the hood. Upon inspection, the whole black cap had separated fron the clear portion and was hanging by the connected cables. My filter should be fine so I don't think I'll have an issue with decreased airflow. My concern is with getting unfiltered air through the broken off sensor. Is this a concern? My nearest ford dealer is an hour away, but I don't want to deal with them since they could be considered as morons. I'd rather drive the 2 hours to my original dealer who I have a good repoir with, and who have a good diesel tech.

Thanks in advance

#5 ·
i never had that happen yet

#6 ·
n2deep said:
blew 2, then said screw it. pulled it out and plugged it. i cleaned the filter before the minder went off anyways...
I did the same thing on an earlier truck, the motor will stop running from lack of air before the minder will move, lol. I haven't blown one on the '05 yet.

#8 ·
I went thru 2 also on the 03....
thought maybe it was the puking hot collant that dripped on it, but probably the turbo farts that did it on the 03....

got mine done for free and in 5 minutes...

#11 ·
also 2 of them so i said screw it and put a bolt threw the hole

#12 ·
Sounds to me like a real nice place to put the propane jet, toss the minder.

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

#15 ·
NO the filter minder is junk....... dont trust it

Casey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.