The Diesel Garage banner

Power sliding rear window??

17K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  FIREBALL 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
my neighbor has a 99 F-250 with a power sliding rear window... I had never heard of that before. My truck's slider is manual. Being a crew cab, the power one would be sweet! Anyone know of a kit you can buy to retro fit a non power slide rear window to powered?

Thanks,
Jason

#2 ·
I've got a seven year old power slider in the back, oh wait a minute you mean one thats electrical guess my kids don't qualify.

Actually it is a Ford option that you should be able to pick up at the dealership.

#3 ·
lol I think the power kit will probably be easier on my wallet than your 7 year old is on yours! Wonder what the stealership wants for one?

Jason

#6 ·
Good idea, anyone know if the f-150 power slider is the same unit?

Jason

#7 ·
#8 ·
Yes, it's available

I just got it. Just go to the GMC Mr Goodwrench site. They have it listed for 300.00. If you have the dark smoke rear window, the power slider comes as a up grade to your present manuel rear slider which includes the sliding glass, new channel, motor switch & wiring. If you have the clear window, you get the entire window as a single unit. I hope that helps

Mike

#9 ·
WTF? We are still in the Ford discussion area......aren't we?

#10 ·
I think that was as result of a small tear in the time space continuum:damnit

#11 ·
I hate it when that happens. LOL

My partner at work has a King Ranch with a power slider. I checked car-part.com and there were a couple of stock ones listed there. $350 for one of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.