The Diesel Garage banner

TBC Fault????

43K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  firefighter33 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I'm getting a TBC Fault on the message center every third time startin gthe truck. What the hell does it mean?

#2 ·
Trailer Brake Controller

#4 ·
mines been doing that ever since I bought it brand new? No answer has been given and ford hasn't been able to fix?

#7 ·
yes yes yes tbc i went thur it.easy fix it with a 2amp fuse , the fuse box inside ur hood open it now look at the 2 amp fuse( white). if not blown get a nail file and clean the treminals if not blown.... trust me ur problem will be fixed

Reactions: vrsc
#8 ·
I've gotten this message before as well however i was using the little key trick to pass the speed limiter. After i let off it went away but i'm a little scarred of doing the trick anymore.

#9 ·
OK guys i have a problem i just bought a SCT SF3 tuner i plug it in to the OBDII port and the tuner starts up i press program vehicle turn key on turn key off as it tells me to do comes up 6.0l diesel i press that it says begin programing i press that it says turn key on i do thats when my problem starts the message center im my trucks says TBC FAULT and nothing happens the tuner says uploading ECU please wait. i let it sit for 1/2 hour and nothing tuner still says uploading ECU please wait.I called SCT and they said its a communication problem on my end.PLEASE HELP

2006 F250 6.0L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.