The Diesel Garage banner

Quiet cab.

9K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  imported_cvdenson 
#1 ·
Anyone have any tricks to quiet the cab down? I get a lot of engine and trany noise from the floor, shift boot, fire wall area. I think I am going to remove the seats and carpet and put down a few layers of Dynomat. Any one try this?

#2 ·
i have heard of a couple people doing that, i think it would work its the only idea i have to quite things down.

#3 ·
Dynamat the inside and coat the underside of the cab and lower portion of firewall (away from exhaust) with a spray on rubberized bedliner material.

I know some people who have had the inside of their cabs sprayed with rhino or line-x and put the carpet over that for sound deadening.

#4 ·
Taco XL said:
Anyone have any tricks to quite the cab down? I get a lot of engine and trany noise from the floor, shift boot, fire wall area. I think I am going to remove the seats and carpet and put down a few layers of Dynomat. Any one try this?
I have also heard of some one doing that. There is a thing to do with the door seals also using a rubber or something inside the door seal.
Bill

#5 ·
Also make sure your downpipe isn't rubbing the firewall and your inner shift boot, the white one, isn't cracked or anything.

#6 ·
i would dynomate under the carpets. and also go buy some 3/8" rubber hose. and run it threw your weather striping in your doors. there is a tube like seal in the weather striping. and 3/8" hose fits great in there. it seals up the doors better and keeps road noise down.

#7 ·
there are some pretty sweet deals on Dynamat type materials on Ebay.

#8 ·
Here is a product from Elemental Designs.
Just found it and I read some reviews on it and seems to be pretty good. As good as dynamat, but less $$$.
I'm looking at quieting down my cab too.

You can buy the amount you need. One sq ft, or 300 sq ft.... whatever you need.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=51

#11 ·
length X width

don't have a crew cab so I can't tell ya what it measures.

#13 ·
#15 ·
I don't know about that one Hardline. Are your door seals hollow? If so I bet you could benefit from this mod.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.