How to turn up fuel on 6.9/7.3 IDI - Page 3 - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Ford Diesel & Truck Discussions > Ford - Modification instructions, Product installs and Tech Articles

Thread Details Posted by 4cstr, this thread has received 22 replies and been viewed 59648 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #21
t_chapps

heres a tip, turning the screw up inside the plate is only step 1, there is another screw on the pump to get it to smoke, that screw everyone tells you to turn up only affects how much fuel you get at peak torque and under a load, but going less than 1/4 turn will help for step 2. to get to the 2nd screw, go to the injector outlet lines where they are in a circle, in the center of that there is a fuel line going in to the pump, unscrew the line, and there is another allen screw inside there, turn that one in clockwise 1/8 to 3/16 of a turn, if you want go no more than 1/4 turn. It will smoke good now.
t_chapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #22
Navy_Seabee_CM
dagon dagon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peejcj8
I have a 94 F250 7.3 that produces alot of fuel smell in the exhaust along with smoke. It does this continually.

Would adjusting down the fuel amount on the Pump be a posible solution, or should I look elsewhere first?

What should I do to fix this?

Please help, my Girlfriend will not ride in my smokey truck.
that sounds more like a personal problem than a truck problem. :evil:
97 Ram 3500 2wd dually 12v ff #0 fuel plate, upgraded compressor wheel, nv 4500 rock crusher, 4.10 rear gooseneck & 5th wheel hitch... also has access to underbed repo wheel lift

94 Chevy silverado Blazer 4X4, 350, 700r4, sound system from hell... still drive the dodge mostly

US navy construction & tactical vehicle fleet -Seabee and proud of it!
Navy_Seabee_CM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #23
nevrenufhp
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_chapps View Post
heres a tip, turning the screw up inside the plate is only step 1, there is another screw on the pump to get it to smoke, that screw everyone tells you to turn up only affects how much fuel you get at peak torque and under a load, but going less than 1/4 turn will help for step 2. to get to the 2nd screw, go to the injector outlet lines where they are in a circle, in the center of that there is a fuel line going in to the pump, unscrew the line, and there is another allen screw inside there, turn that one in clockwise 1/8 to 3/16 of a turn, if you want go no more than 1/4 turn. It will smoke good now.
Has anyone done this? Should we add it to this article?

my daily driver:67 F100, 300 4V, cammed, 4 spd.
or, 08 VW R32.
work rigs: 94 IH 4900, DT466(originally 230hp), #0 fuel plate, tighter gov springs, 22* timing
or, 06 IH 7400, DT466E, 300hp

My Low Buck fuel rate site:
www.freewebs.com/nevrenufhp
nevrenufhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement