The Diesel Garage banner

2003 Ford F-250 6.0L 550 HP... Over $20k Invested!

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  boobin 
#1 ·
Okay, so I know some of you are gonna laugh, but I don't need all this power anymore. Stepping down to a stock truck for a while, and I just have no use for this beast anymore. Somebody can get some better use for this thing than I can. This will be the last time it is for sale, because it will sell this time. I need to move this thing.

The truck is babied, oil changed every 5k, fuel filters every 10k, transmission fluid every 30k. It is allowed five to ten minutes every morning to warm up, and then it is driven very easy until the ECT reaches 180* or above. Before towing, I allow it to reach full operating temperature before even taking off. EGT's are allowed to dip to below 350* before shutting the engine off each time it is ran. The truck runs like a champ. No issues whatsoever. Perfect cold starts, awesome throttle response, 20 MPG highway even with all the power. The truck is washed weekly, waxed monthly, and clay barred every three months. Engine is detailed with every wax. I use all Meguiar's detailing products.

The truck is a Lariat Crew Cab Short Bed, and was purchased by me in '04. It has been religiously taken care of since that day. The modifications began just over 2 years ago, and it is truly an addiction. I hate to see this go, but I just don't need it all anymore.

Here's most of the modifications, I'm sure I forgot some... The truck is estimated at 550 HP, 1100 TQ on a full fuel race tune.

Performance and Engine:

-ARP Head Studs w/ new OEM heads and OEM Gaskets (installed at 118k, no puking at all) - $4,700
-RCD EGR Delete (installed at 118k) - $299
-Casserly 190cc/75% Injectors (only 1,500 miles) - $3599
-PowerMax Turbo (only 1,500 miles) - $1,299
-AirDog 2 165/75 (50 miles on new pump) - $705
-Updated FPR Kit from Ford - $89
-4" Turbo Back MBRP Exhaust w/ MBRP Dual Walled 6" Tip (No Muffler, No Cat, 10 vane turbo breathes well... :D) $269 + $89
-SCT Programmer - $299
-Custom Tunes from Eric, Vivian, and Matt - $300
-Custom Tuned FICM by PHP - $200
-ECM/TCM Rollback by PHP - $75
-aFe Stage 2 Si Intake - $359
-'05-'07 Accufab Elbow - $199
-Dieselsite Coolant Filter (yet to be installed) - $179
-Running 5W-40 Synthetic with 2 Bottles of Rev-X
-Zoodad Mod w/ Screen

Exterior and Suspension:

-2.5" Leveling Kit - $399
-18" XD Badlands - $1,156
-325/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers - $1,379
-Icon Shocks - $489
-Recon Clear LED Taillights - $329
-Recon CLear Third Brake Light - $129
-LED Reverse Lamps - $49
-'05-'07 OEM Conversion w/ Billet Inserts - $1,280
-8000k Retro Solution DIGITAL HID's in Fogs and Headlights (BiXenon) - $379
-Painted Door Handles - $320
-Painted Mirrors with Recon Clear LED's - $229
-OEM '08-'11 Tailgate w/ Step and Bumper (recently painted) - $1,590
-'05-'07 Fender Badges - $59
-In Bed Gooseneck Hitch - $399
-30% Tint All Around (Lifetime Warranty) - $199

Interior:

-Pioneer In Dash P3200BT Touchscreen w/ Bluetooth and Mic
-Rockford Fosgate Punch 6X8 Door Speakers All Around
-Rockford Fosgate 500.1 Amp
-2 Rockford Fosgate 12's in a Custom Box behind the seat

Stereo System Total: $1,589

-DiPricol Gauges on a Quad Pod (EGT, Fuel, Pyro, Trans) - $679
-Edge Insight CTS in Overhead Pod - $449
-Gray Husky Liner Mats - $129

TOTAL INVESTED IN MODIFICATIONS ALONE: $23,891

The truck's private party value in stock form is $16,918. Therefor you are getting a value of $40,809 for nearly half that. (Verified by Kelley Blue Book here: Kelley Blue Book )

As far as price goes, how bout you pay for all the modifications, and I'll throw the truck in for free. That seems like a good place to start. The truck is located in Prattville, Alabama.

If you have any questions, feel free to post on this thread, send me an email, private message me, or you can text/call me.

Here's a recent video of the truck:

VIDEO WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW. YOUTUBE WAS DOWN.

I will also be hiring a professional photographer to take some decent shots for this truck. It truly is a head turner.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'll make you guys a deal. Hand me 300 6.0L injector cores, and we'll call it even. :D

#4 ·
BUMP! $23,000 even.

#5 ·
Kelley Blue Book

The truck retails for $18,932 bone stock. I'll take $19,000 FIRM, but I'm keeping the stereo, tailgate, and gauges for my next truck. Stock parts will be put in their place.

#6 ·
BUMP!!! NEW PICTURES!!! :D

#7 ·
Looks like a very nice truck, Blake. The right person will eventually come along and appreciate it. Good luck with your sale!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.