The Diesel Garage banner

DPF Delete Tune

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bcjag72 
#1 ·
Ok guys I bought a 08 6.4 250 crew cab 4/4. I love it. I put the afe cold air intake 2 on it and noticed a pretty good increase in tork and pickup. The dealer told me that would not void my warranty. Now I would like to do a tuner and from what I have been hearing from you guys, I should wait to see what Sparten comes out with. I am not sure about this DPF Delete tune you guys are talking about. Do you have to remove the DPF pipe or can you just use the tuner and keep the pipe. From what I have seen on the net, everyone seems to have problems with the tuners because of the DPF. Is this just a bug they have to work out or can you not use a tuner with the DPF pipe and not have issues down the road? :shrug:

#2 ·
Yes, to run a DPF delete tune you need to remove the DPF filter other wise it will get plugged up. You could just run a standard programmer with DPF all stock, if big hp or mpg gains are not your goal. Programmers like the Superchips Flashpaq work great for a very fair price. Once you get into the DPF off programmers like the SCT livewire or Spartan/Kemperformance(still not done yet) costs go up a great deal. You just have to decide how far you want to go and how much you want to spend.

#4 ·
SCT will give you about 120 hp without removing the DPF. The dealer will know if you've programmed the truck.

#5 ·
If you set the computer back to stock before you take it to the dealer will they know you programmed it? The owner's manual says they can tell even if you set it back to stock. I thought maybe one of the programmers could overwrite that and cover it's tracks. Dealers are such a pain in the ___.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.