The Diesel Garage banner

EGR delete and boost control

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  John_G 
#1 ·
I would like to very soon delete my egr. I have one question a diesel tech in my area said not to delete the egr because that is how the computer regulates boost. there for the turbo will boost out of control. If these is true how are you guys doing with boost numbers.

#2 ·
I believe you will have to have a SCT tune made with the egr turned off to avoid the bugs that pop up when doing the delete.
It may be similar to the programs those of us run that still have the egr and simply have it turned off in the programming.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong

#4 ·
The "tech" needs to go back to school because they certainly DO NOT know how the system works.

EGR is a SMALL amount of exhaust that - under CERTAIN circumstances - is routed into the intake system. As with cars, most of the time it is closed, or nearly closed. EGR has NO affect whatsoever on boost "control", but it DOES affect boost levels very slightly. Not as a control, but when the EGR opens the exhaust and intake pressure tend to equalize.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.