The Diesel Garage banner

Poor Fuel Mileage!!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bill38 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm a little frustrated. I have a 04' lly with 46000 on it. The truck has a Banks Six Gun Tuner in it, a Banks Ram Air and 4" Siverline exhaust from the downpipe back-with no cat. All my travel is done in town no highway miles and I've only been getting about 12 mpg. I do keep the setting on the tuner on level 6 all the time because I don't tow with it ,but I also don't hotrod the truck around. I step on it every once in awhile. Other than that I drive it pretty conservative. And these calculations are from me doing it manually not from the trucks computer. Doesn't the mileage seem quite low for this truck?:shrug:

#2 ·
If it's town it's not that bad. You might have 4:10's? big tires? dually? Pump your tires to 80psi, take out your tuner, and get fuel from a different station, especially if your diesel supplier doesn't sell a lot of diesel. My best two tanks in the last month have been from one BP station that got me 2 mpg better both times.(Same as summer) I think this is why, some guys "custom cut " their diesel because # 2 is cheaper. The price is always .02 cheaper too. If I know I can run out that tank before it gets below 20 degrees or so I buy my diesel there. If it's going to be cold I go to the other BP because he caters to truckers that may be heading north and he doesn't want problems with them guys at all. In a few weeks we go back to # 2 anyway, but I know one station keeps cutting cause the manager told me he tells the supplier how much he wants it cut even after April 1, later ihookem.

#3 ·
That seems really low for fuel econ. My lbz with the banks 6 gun and pda at level 6 got over 20mpg highway and 13.5 to 15.5 city. I had other problems with my 6gun and returned it. I would disconnect the connectors under the hood and put it back to stock and drive a few tanks through it to see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.