The Diesel Garage banner

Drive belt routing

44K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  cowboylee_41 
#1 ·
Greetings guys,
I have a 2008 6.7 stock truck. Last week my water pump went out so I decided while I was at it to change the drive belt. After I removed the belt I found out my truck does not have a routing diagram for the belt. Not only that but there is not one in the owners manual. After a couple of frustating hours of hit and miss, I finally got it on and moving everything the right direction. So I thought I would check and see if anybody here had the diagram so I could put it in my truck. Thanks.

#3 ·
Yeah for some reason they stopped putting that on these trucks. I put one on an 05 5.9 same thing, kinda frustrating.

#4 · (Edited)
This is for a 5.9L but I *believe* they're the same :

Greg

#5 ·
My belt ate a couple kittens going down the road, and I was stuck on the side of the road with a new belt, but no clue how it went on. Had to have dealer fax one to us, but I think the guys helping me ended up keeping the diagram. Oh and it was a mess!

#7 ·
#6 ·
Just curious, how many miles on truck when w pump went out. Lost mine around 60,000 miles. Was told by radiator shop the orange antifreeze is the cause of many pumps going out.

#8 ·
:stupid:haha:haha:haha

#9 ·
Thanks guys. My truck has 88,500 miles on it when the pump went out. I think it died due to an unfortunate radiator accident. Had a semi throw a 1' long 4x4 through my radiator while running down the interstate at 80mph. had to drive the truck about 8 miles like that to get someplace safe to leave it. My radiator guy thinks that was what did the pump in. Replaced the antifreeze this time with the new yellow stuff from prestone.

#10 ·
That must of been a:wtf :swear:swear:bang:fan:damnit:swear day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.