The Diesel Garage banner

single shot-split shot

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  balz out 
#1 ·
have a 2000 with stock splits, was wondering if i can take the singles out of like a 95 or 96 and use them.

#2 ·
it can work, but you would need some kind of chip to make them work properly
someone who knows much more about this will have to chime in

michael

#3 ·
because i was looking at diy site and you can get a bit more than stock out of them with armature pistons being redone, and i want single shot instead of split anyways. and its cheaper for those diy's

#5 ·
i planned on buying singles putting a diy kit in them and dp tuning them, and with them worked i cna use stock hpop since they say it takes less pressure to use singles than splits correct?

#6 ·
yes...they take less oil pressure to operate than split shots. If you have a healthy hpop...then this shouldn't be an issue. If your hpop is failing...then going to singles is a temporary band-aid.

#7 ·
Singles out of a 95 or 96 are AA's (around 90 cc's). Your 2000 runs 140'ish cc splits. What I'm getting at is you don't want to run AA's in a 2000, as you'll get much less power and be very disappointed.

You can get AC single shots and put those in your truck. Run some tuning for single shots, and that will give you a bit more power. AC's are typically called Stage I's.

And many single shots do use less oil. However, even singles can benefit from a stronger HPOP setup.

#9 ·
im looking for like 250 at the wheels with out changing turbos and going overkill on it...this is a daily driver

#14 ·
250?:haha

You dont have to change a thing... 250 can be done with just a mild 40hp tune... Did you mean 350?:wedgie

#11 ·
where would be the best place to get ac codes cheap?

#13 ·
yes just send them to jim@ rds i have his hybrids and love them jim is the man

#15 ·
im looking for good power but not anything that is gonna kill the life of my truck.

#16 ·
Chip, Intake and exhaust... 300hp and the only thing your likely to kill is the tranny. Anything above stock is going to start eating the tranny.

I would not change a thing, Intake, Exhaust, Tranny and maybe a 1.00 exhaust housing.

Looking at your mods in your sig I would say your right at 280 right now on your max setting on the programer.

#17 ·
hmmm the way it feels i thaught it had like 180 hahaha

#18 ·
Personally...before you throw new sticks at the truck, I would look into bigger oil. It is a great foundation to build off of.

With the addition of my first big oil setup...I was able to put 333 to the rears. This was with a stock turbo, stock injectors, an intake and exhaust, and Jody live tuning the truck. I did have the regulated fuel system setup at that time...but don't believe that adds any hp to the truck.

#20 ·
Not going to knock your set up, but I did 350 with a 38r and a little water injection...

I did 470 with water and a TN BB and hybrids. I really dont think oil is needed for 90% of the trucks out there.

But it is a differant route! :thumbsup

#19 ·
well after getting "smoked" by a duramax today... i want to go a different way about my truck... time to build alot of power

#21 ·
well i just got a deal on a ts chip... i know its no dp or wildman or swamps but its something, got the 140 program on it, and then when i find a spare thing of injectors i will send them out to be built down the road....god damn the duramax!!!

#22 ·
sweet what did you get it for?

#23 ·
send that ts chip to wildman or swamps and get some good tunes on it.

#25 ·
picked it up for 150

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.