The Diesel Garage banner

Cummins n14 fuel check valve

24K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mrdevildog 
#1 ·
I've been having a problem with a hard start lately on my truck. Its a 370hp n14 in a 96 Freightliner FLD. Sometimes it will fire right up but sometimes it has to crank a little bit to get started. Was wondering where the check valve was on this truck. I took the line off the front side of the ecm where it comes out of the block. There was a 90 degree fitting coming out of it but nothing inside it. Is there suppose to be one there or is it somewheres else? I just switched my filter head over from the upside down filter with the clear canister to a baldwin filter head running a 1259 baldwin filter. Any info is appreciated.
Brian

#2 ·
i've seen where a check valve was never installed, it should be connected to the fuel line going from fuel filter head to ecm cooling plate screwing into the ecm cooling plate,if you have a gauge you can check your fuel pressure and see if its in spec. can also check the metal screen in the top of the fuel pump for crud, its on top of the pump to the left of the metal line, will need a 9/16 wrench of big flat tip screw driver to remove the cap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.