The Diesel Garage banner

best mods for new 6.7

17K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fuzzy 
#1 ·
ok guy's in your oppion what's the best mods for the new 6.7 with out havin to go all out with support mods like lift pump, trans... basicly I guess intake, exhaust and tuner... truck is used as a weekend ride and pulls a box trailer and camper on a few times a year...just wanting more power to = more fun.. Also any other mods that help increase the life of the motor are welcome too. Thanks.

#2 ·
Well I use the edge/attitude and s&b cold air, with a full turbo back exhaust and dpf delete, and egr delete. I get about 20.5 mpg and love the increase in power.

#3 ·
Same here except cai is a little diff just getting ready to install the ts mp-8 and hopefully by july i will have 90hp sticks and my fuel system on. I already put my clutch in. Love my truck it would be hard to get rid of it now after i fixed er up got her where i want it. Amazing power and fuel mileage is good when you try to get good mileage. Sorry if start a pissing match cause i know other ford and chevy boys read our threads but in my opinion the new 6.7 is king of the hill as far as power is concerned.:happymugs

#4 ·
I am in the same boat but I don't know if I need the fuel rail plug for the mp8, and will changing injectors for around 80-100hp need a fuel system upgrade???

#5 ·
I sort of tried to answer your question about the plug in the other post. To get the most out of bigger sticks, fuel upgrades would be needed. Fass or airdog to start, and I think you can modify the cp3 to help. I know dual cp3 are being run on twin turbo 6.7. His truck just dynoed 691 hp, and the dyno quit reading torque #'s at 1200. He has 120hp sticks. That truck is bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.