The Diesel Garage banner

3406b turbo choice

8K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ynot 
#1 ·
Hey guys Im new this site but have been reading some of your threads for a while and it seems some you guys have a lot of knowledge in the area I would like to ask a few questions any info would be appr.

Whats a better turbo choice OR6960... or.... a OR6051.....15speed tranny and 6.34 in the rear?

#2 ·
You'll probably need to ask that in the heavy truck section. Tony or any of the other cat gurus could tell you.

#7 ·
Hey Tony, what do you think of a OR6689? My 3ZJ C model had one on it and when I went to a B model I put one on. It spooled up a lot better than a 6051 or a 6057, it sure sounded good too.

#9 ·
I am DONE with Caterpillar turbos. The stupid core charges they have on those things is just ridiculous.

I guess the exhaust and compressor wheel on the BW 199119 is very close to the 6689.

I am due for a turbo on my E model sooner than later. Couple of weeks ago when I put my head gasket on I noticed a small piece missing off the leading edge of one of the compressor fins. Not good for harmonics that is for sure. I know of one guy who put a HX 60 Holset from a 525 N-14 on a E. Flipped the exhaust manifold upside down and plumbed it all up. He said it worked good, but we know how that can work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.