The Diesel Garage banner

overheating mack ch613

16K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kotflbus 
#1 ·
On my 1994 Mack CH613 the warning lights for overheating engine and the manual temp. gauge only shows 180 degrees (still in the green) when pulling a load. Had computer adjusted to higher temp. by Mack mechanic. Problem still persist. any suggestion or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Donnie

#2 ·
Not sure , but I would think that you have a different sensor for the temp light ,prolly start by changing that, will prolly be cheaper than trying to have a shop figure it out, cause it they don't have a code or something to work with thwe next step is replace with known good part, the temp sensor will prolly be either expansion bulb and spring or by metal , either can wear out :popcorn

#7 ·
Is the coolant topped off anyhow? Had the wire get pulled out of that sensor before as well.

#5 ·
To bump this thread up. My son has a '96 f800 Ford school bus with a 5.9 cummins that has a Kysor air operated cooling fan. Well the fan is lock in all the time, even when cold and I would like to know how and what to check for problems. Also, when the engine is off and cold, with zero air pressure on the bus, the fan is locked solid. Is there a way and order to check the senors and other related parts? Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
:hijacked

Start your own thread bud.

But, is there an air line that goes from the fan clutch, to a thermal switch in the head or something? Probably stuck shut and blocking the air to disengage the fan. No air, and the fan will run.

Reactions: kotflbus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.