The Diesel Garage banner

Reverse vehicle sensor problem

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  up.mi.man 
#1 ·
Guys my trucks only a couple weeks old and living in New Jersey I've been washing her weekly due to the salt on the roads. Yesterday I got in to go to work and when I put it in reverse, The Reverse Vehicle Sensor was going wild like I was right on top of something. I got out and checked if any ice had formed on the sensors, but that was a big negative. Called ford and they said to bring it in as soon as possible. Later yesterday evening I got in to leave work and now it just doesn't work period! Anybody else ever have this problem, and if so how can it be fixed?

#3 ·
You all need to move to a salt free state. We don't have those issues here.

#4 ·
You know, you would think they would make the thing a little more weather proof considering this is a truck that will obviously be used in lousy weather. Thats what you get for 50k i guess lol. My local dealership said they would take a look at it this week.

#5 ·
Mine goes off like crazy even in the rain iand half the time when it's clear, thinking bout having it looked at.

#6 ·
Well thats good to know that Im not the only one that thinks this system needs to be looked at. Mine goes in the shop on Monday, but Im sure they will tell me its fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.