International 4300 HVAC issue - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Heavy, Medium, Work Trucks and Trailers > Medium Duty

Thread Details Posted by Rocketship, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 10092 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Rocketship

International 4300 HVAC issue

I've got an 05 4300 and the air is only coming out of the vents. I checked all the fuses and breakers in the cab fuse panel and they all check out. I do not think it's the control as the air gets noticably colder when it is turned to AC on a warm day. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to rectify it? I really need the defroster for the mornings!
Rocketship is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
mrdevildog

sounds like a faulty mode door actuator, pulled the fuse panel cover and the panel right below it, you will have access to the blower motor and actuators now, look on the left side of the blower motor and you should see two actuator motors. the one closest to you is for the blend air door(hot/cold) and the other is the mode door(vent/floor/defrost), with the key on you can can the settings and watch each actuator, if the mode door actuator is bad you will need a t20 socket to remove it, has two gold colored screws, can be a painto replace if the fuse panel wiring is routed right over it, after replaceing the actuator pull the hvac fuses with the key on the reset them and they will self calibrate and it should start working.
mrdevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #3
sdan27

Try simply unplugging the panel that controls the modes first. That will sometimes reset it and it will start working again. I've done it plenty of times.
'94 F250xlt ext. cab. ZF5-speed 4x4. EBPV delete. DPP downpipe. Tymar intake. Tymar coolant filter. LF9691 primary filter. Electric fans. 10k mod. 1.0 turbo housing. Boost blanket. Over-axle exhaust eliminated. Electric fuel pressure gauge. BDP modded IDM. Heim joint clutch linkage. Adrenaline HPOP. LUK SMFW. DIY Elec. Fuel. FS1282, FF5230 fuel filters.
sdan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 AM   #4
John_G
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdevildog View Post
sounds like a faulty mode door actuator, ... after replaceing the actuator pull the hvac fuses with the key on the reset them and they will self calibrate and it should start working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdan27 View Post
Try simply unplugging the panel that controls the modes first. That will sometimes reset it and it will start working again.
The right way is to remove the HVAC Control B+ fuse to accomplish a reset, just as mrdevildog suggests, there is then no risk of damage to the controller or dash panels.

You certainly can remove the control head and unplug it, but I'm all for the fast and simple as oppsed to the sloer and potentially damaging (plastic and cold temps is a bad combination).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
John_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #5
Rocketship
Threadstarter

Thanks for the responses guys, it was the mode actuator. The motor is still good but the plastic housing over the shaft broke. At least I was able to move the air down to the floor for now and keep from getting blown in the face.
Rocketship is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement