SCT x3/sf3 questions - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Ford Diesel & Truck Discussions > 2003-2007 6.0 Tuner Forum

Thread Details Posted by mygt8a4re, this thread has received 21 replies and been viewed 6993 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
mygt8a4re
Boost Junkie

Send a message via AIM to mygt8a4re
SCT x3/sf3 questions

Getting ready to purchase the X-3 3015ID from Innovative, love that this new model comes with 7 custom tunes including the stock tune w/ EGR delete....
So, Im wondering what SCT owners are doing with thier handhelds while driving? Does anyone offer some type of holder/mounting station? I just dont want some clumsly cable draped across the flloor while the SCT takes up cupholders or other unsightly areas in the cab! Lastly, I know the handhelds do not make good "gauging/monitoring" devices but how well can you gauge EGT, EOT, ECT, Boost,etc? Way too much of a pain? can you display several at a time on the screen? Will probably look into some analog pillar gauges or Edge Insight to better monitor things down the road but am curious if the handheld will suffice for the meantime? thanx for the input!
Mods: ARP head studs, Black onyx HG's, 4" turbo back exh w/ 6" tip, AFE Magnumforce ProDryS, RCD EGR delete, SCT Innovative tunes, Edge Insight w/ EGT probe, CCV mod, Dfuser coolant filter, Amsoil framerail oil filter, GoGo Diesel DD mod solenoid, Springtech drop shackles, Recon smoked cab lights, Recon smoked fender lights, Recon light bar, Smoked tail lights & 3rd brake light, DeVries custom emblems, CAP 7pc billet grille, Archoil AR9100 & AR6200 addatives.
Ford updates: STC HPOP fitting, Blue FPR spring kit, turbo feed & drain tubes, oil cooler, Standpipes & dummy plugs.

I wouldnt have to manage my anger if you would just manage your stupidity!
mygt8a4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
harry6.0

Most common uses for X3 type SCT devices are primarily for flash programming tuning programs, and secondly used for reading fault codes. Data logging is rarely used by most people. The device is large and clumsy for mounting, but also has a less than ideal screen for monitoring data while driving, which is also very limited in live data capabilities. Best money I ever spent for critical data monitoring is the "ScanGauge2" with the X-gauge features programmed in for the 6.0 Powerstroke. You can pickup a new SG2 for about 150.00, program in the X-gauge features from their list on the Scangauge website for the 6.0, and you will be able to monitor every critical parameter except, EGT's and fuel pressure, both of these require a sensors installed, and separate gauges when used with the SG2. No 6L Powerstrokes come with an egt probe or fuel pressure sensor. Custom tuning for your trucks computer strategy, like the ones IDP provides will blow away any canned tuning that the device comes with. You can read your trucks strategy once you get the device and plug it into your truck, email it to Eric, and he will email you back the tuning. You then load it into your SCT device from your computer email via a usb cable, then into your truck. I must warn you though, once you have experienced custom tuning thats dialed in right, it's hard to ever go back to stock tuning, it's very very addicting. If you use your truck for towing, stay with lower power tow tunes while towing, or close to stock if you tow heavy. Street performance tuning when your not towing is fine, but can have a tendency to wear the rear tires out quickly along with the possibility of collecting speeding tickets.

Enjoy your new SCT, and you won't be disappointed in Erics tuning, as he is one of the best out there.

Harry
Jan 03' built 6.0/F250cc4wd trqsft/SCT-tuned by KEM-Performance/Garrett Powermax vg-turbo/blue spring mod/gauges=egt+boost+fuel+SG2/exhaust/airaid intake/DR 4.5 lift/dual bilsteins/315's/greasable ball joints/powerstop/smittybuilt/kc lights/high idle mod/roll-n-lock/T5-Rotella 10w30 with (Archoil AR9100 in the oil) and (AR6200 in the fuel)http://www.archoilspokane.com/
harry6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to harry6.0 For this addition to TDG:
mygt8a4re (01-16-2012)
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
mygt8a4re
Boost Junkie
Threadstarter

Thanx a bunch Harry. I just picked up an EGT kit & gauge and FP kit with gauge thats going on my A-pillar, might throw a boost gauge on there as well for more accurate readings. I was honestly only wanting to be able to check a few more things on occasion and was mainly curious how much info was avail on the SCT? Ive run across numerous posts of you mentioning the SG2 over the past week while researching tuners & gauging, seems like a nice choice. I Also never had any plans to run any of the canned programs avail on the SCT. I really mainly wanted the cutom base tow tune & the extreme street tune but the deal on the X3ID just makes for a no brainer with 7 custome tunes included! Thanx again Harry!
Mods: ARP head studs, Black onyx HG's, 4" turbo back exh w/ 6" tip, AFE Magnumforce ProDryS, RCD EGR delete, SCT Innovative tunes, Edge Insight w/ EGT probe, CCV mod, Dfuser coolant filter, Amsoil framerail oil filter, GoGo Diesel DD mod solenoid, Springtech drop shackles, Recon smoked cab lights, Recon smoked fender lights, Recon light bar, Smoked tail lights & 3rd brake light, DeVries custom emblems, CAP 7pc billet grille, Archoil AR9100 & AR6200 addatives.
Ford updates: STC HPOP fitting, Blue FPR spring kit, turbo feed & drain tubes, oil cooler, Standpipes & dummy plugs.

Last edited by mygt8a4re; 01-16-2012 at 10:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mygt8a4re For this addition to TDG:
harry6.0 (01-19-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
mygt8a4re
Boost Junkie
Threadstarter

I stand corrected, the 3015ID tuner has 8 custom tunes, not 7 as I previously stated. Super unique device as your strategy is not needed before ordering tunes. The unit comes preloaded, ready to go right out of the box and can be run on all 99-07 (7.3 & 6.0l) PSD's. Its thier latest device, 8 months of R&D.....man I love technology!

harry6.0 (01-22-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 04:14 AM   #5
lilpooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygt8a4re View Post
I stand corrected, the 3015ID tuner has 8 custom tunes, not 7 as I previously stated. Super unique device as your strategy is not needed before ordering tunes. The unit comes preloaded, ready to go right out of the box and can be run on all 99-07 (7.3 & 6.0l) PSD's. Its thier latest device, 8 months of R&D.....man I love technology!
I'm courious, did you get this info from their website, or did you speak to Ted or Eric?

The SF3 part#3015 comes with 5 canned tunes and will hold 3 custom tunes.

Unless Eric found a way to erase the 5 canned tunes and install 5 more custom tunes, hence the reason that their website list the part# as 3015ID.

The other senerio is, ID is now including 3 custom tunes as a package deal when you purchase a SF3 instead of the X-3 package deal.
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Thanks to:JASONS REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE-TELFORD,PA.

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine

Last edited by lilpooh; 01-23-2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Typo
lilpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:53 AM   #6
lilpooh

Never mind, found out what's going on.

Basically ID erased the 5 canned tunes on the SF3, and wrote in 5 of their custom tunes. "Standard Custom Tunes"= basic mods like gauges, exhaust, intake, ect,ect.
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpooh For this addition to TDG:
harry6.0 (01-24-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
mygt8a4re
Boost Junkie
Threadstarter

I spoke with both Ted and Eric when inquiering about wich tuner I wanted....

Ted originally is the one who told me about the #3015ID, and stated that it holds ALL of thier custom tunes. They are fully custom tunes including the Xtreme Street & Xtreme Race. This new unit was in the works for 8 months and has only been out for a couple weeks. They still need to know your mods but no longer need the strategy before getting the tunes to you. As we know the strategy is merely wich updated Ford programming you currently have loaded. They would always vary some people would not go in to get the most recent updates avail. I believe what they do is offer the most recent strategy integrated into the tunes so that everyone can use them, no longer customizing over the factory strategy but integrating the most recent all together. Here are the tunes that are available in the #3015ID (copied from original email I got back from Ted when I 1st started inquiering):

Xtreme Race- 420-440rwhp/760-780rwtq - Converter locked in all gears.
Xtreme Street- 420-430rwhp/730-760rwtq- Not recommended for towing.
Aggressive Street - 400rwhp/700rtwq.
Street- 380rwhp/650rwtq- Tow up to 10k lbs.
Tow- 310rwhp/560rwtq- Towing over 10k lbs up to the maximum of the
truck.
Economy- Mileage program only.
Stock--EGR off ...tune included with the new 3015ID tuner only..

So again I stand corrected as there are 7 custom tunes, not 8, I must have been thinking how it will also store my stock tune along with these (holds 8)....

Last edited by mygt8a4re; 01-23-2012 at 09:56 PM.
harry6.0 (01-24-2012)
Old 01-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
mygt8a4re
Boost Junkie
Threadstarter

Oh I see what yur getting at Lilpooh, yeah the programs are custom yet prewritten, not all written after the fact for major modding, though leaps n bounds over the canned tunes. I only have the usual mods with stock injectors & trans....
....it is still a killer deal considering both Xtreme tunes are on there and the X3 with only those tunes would cost more....great for the guys just getting into tuning like me with studs, ehx & EGR del....a great deal at $539 IMO!

Last edited by mygt8a4re; 01-23-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
lilpooh

Yhea, I had a discussion with Raul at Stealth Diesel over on the Org,he sells the SCT with Eric's tunes. He cleared up the questions I had.

It was brought up that the new Anarchy tune is basically the extreme race tune, just changed the name.

I have a question for you. The 3 custom tune slots on the device, did he pre-program them with his tunes? And if he did, did he also email you those tunes?

The reason I ask is, if he didn't email you the tunes for the 3 custom slots, if you ever go and buy tune from another tune writer and load the new tune writers tunes on the device, you'll erase Eric's tunes in order to load the other tune writers tunes.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
mygt8a4re
Boost Junkie
Threadstarter

actually all the tunes I listed above are in the "preprogrammed" section of the SCT tuner and all 3 spots for customs tunes are still open for additions down the road....they somehow expanded the memory....wich is another reason I find the 3015ID so unique....great bang for the buck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement