ITP Diesel Regulated Fuel Kit + Single Shots? - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Ford Diesel & Truck Discussions > 1994-2003 7.3L Power Stroke

Thread Details Posted by DrSpeed, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 480 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
DrSpeed
Usurper

ITP Diesel Regulated Fuel Kit + Single Shots?

Has anyone tried this combination?

Okay, here's the low down.

I had Dyno Mite Diesel Performance install a Hight Tech Turbo HTPS Turbo, converted my injectors to single shots, got a chip to run the single shots from Jody at DP Tuner. The truck ran fine, and pulled about 350hp at Dyno Mite's dyno.

I finally got around to installing my regulated return fuel kit from Dennis at ITP. Now, there's a pretty severe romp when the truck is idling.

Is the fuel kit and single shot injectors compatible?

The truck was running fine before....now...eh....it's going back to Dyno Mite for another look this friday.

But before then, any suggestions for feedback?

I double checked all my lines, and there aren't any leaks.

I set the fuel pressure to 62 psi, and the factory fuel pump seems to keep up just fine....dropping to about 58psi when I'm totally on it. (I have an Autometer fuel pressure gauge on the inside of my truck.)

So.....what next?

2003 Cummins Common Rail Swap COMPLETE
Mods Completed:
ARP Head Studs, F1 Diesel Helix 2 Camshaft, DPP FASS Fuel System, Edge EZ, Banks Intercooler and High Ram, Smarty Programmer

To be installed:
ATS 3 Piece Manifold, Floor It Diesel Stage 1.5 CP3, TST Powermax, Some kind of big azz turbo setup...maybe even two!, F1 Diesel Flux 2 Injectors (or Flux 3 Hellfire's maybe? woot: )

My Truck Specs and Photos!!!!
DrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
Buck1

I have ran the ITP kit on 2 trucks now both running single shots with no problems. 1 truck displayed a "romping" idle that you speak of, but I think in that case it was due to programming and not the fuel kit. We always noticed a smooter, quieter, more responsive idle after we installed the ITP kit. Any difference in idle with chip pulled (concerning the romping at least)? What about in different settings?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #3
Edmguy69

What did Dennis say?

(Totalled out on 7-26-2010 -2000 F-250 CC Shorty White
6sp, Luk, Non-Wastegated Van Turbo,
16 clicks of Jody's Tunes )

-2004 Cedar Creek 36' Bunkhouse Fifthwheel
Edmguy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #4
DrSpeed
Usurper
Threadstarter

Buck1 - I have a comletely stock spare PCM I use as a baseline whenever I make any mods. Just in case I fry a PCM, or the chip does something funny, I revert to that unmolested unit.

But yeah, I plugged that bad boy in, and it was the same romp. I've driven it about 40 miles now (over 1 hour on the road), and it's the same. So I know there's no more air in the system.

It drives fine, and whenever I put in the clutch, it starts to romp at about 1,000 RPM.

edmguy69 - haven't heard back yet. I bought the kit when I had splits. I didn't know if singles would make a difference. Just wanted to see what you all had to say.

I didn't see a fuel system for the OBS trucks, so I figured it was designed around the split shots for the new SD's.

2003 Cummins Common Rail Swap COMPLETE
Mods Completed:
ARP Head Studs, F1 Diesel Helix 2 Camshaft, DPP FASS Fuel System, Edge EZ, Banks Intercooler and High Ram, Smarty Programmer

To be installed:
ATS 3 Piece Manifold, Floor It Diesel Stage 1.5 CP3, TST Powermax, Some kind of big azz turbo setup...maybe even two!, F1 Diesel Flux 2 Injectors (or Flux 3 Hellfire's maybe? woot: )

My Truck Specs and Photos!!!!
DrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement