What do I need 2 make the LBZ the best it can be. - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > GM Diesel & Truck Discussion > Duramax 2006-2007(LBZ & LLY)

Thread Details Posted by XR680R, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 3841 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:55 AM   #1
XR680R

Lightbulb What do I need 2 make the LBZ the best it can be.

I am looking for what mods that will make my Dmax LBZ the best it can be.

Maybe my thinking is wrong but, when you get a new dirt bike, it comes all plugged up for smog and sound. We call it uncorking to make the bike run right and get the most power out of the bike by opening up the exhaust, air filter, taking out the plastic air box plug or drilling holes........

Well I am looking to see what I need to do to the LBZ.

EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) do I plug this off? WHat is the good and the bad of this. Cramming 30% of the exhaust back into the engine has never been a ggod thing???

Waist gate? other tricks? What is the best trick to make the LBZ run it's best?
LBZ GMC 2006 Crew Cab SB, Predator Tunner, CST Lift w/ Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Air Bags, Pro-Comp Traction Bars, 4" down tube 5" exhaust, EGR blocker w/ fingerstick, 4" nerfstep bars, All Lights Mod, Street Pilot GPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
Serial Fordicator
GOT BEER?

#1 Suncoast or ATS tranny upgrade.
#2 Finger stick
#3 Predator or Edge (when available)
2008 2500 Z71 GMC Black Crew Cab, PPE xcellerator
2006 LBZ 2500 4x4 GMC White Crew Cab, PPE xcellerator, 6" BDS lift, 18" procomp extreme alloy, 35/12.5/18 Toyo MTs
2004 LB7 4x4 GMC Sierra Sport Red Metallic- SOLD@72,500 miles
Ext. Cab Short Box
Predator Programmer MBRP 4" S.S. Exhaust
K&N Air intake & Bilsteins
ISSPRO Turbo & Exhaust gauges
Old 06-25-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
DiscountPowerParts

Well, you probably want to start with the Exhaust MBRP would be the best bang for the buck. LINK

Then an Intake system AFE, Airaid both good products.

Then some gauges Autometer, Stewert Warrner, Dipricol, Isspro, just to mention a few.

And a programmer PPE, Bullydog Powerpup or Tripledog *just updated for the 06*, Superchips Flashpaq.

This is some of the more popular products. After adding some hp, if you have an automatic you will want to beef that up as well.

Dmaxfan...NICE AVATAR!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
KillerQuad
XC Quad Racer

Send a message via AIM to KillerQuad
Ive been reading and havent found anything yet....

What do you do to run a Complete OPEN Exhaust turbo back.... i know there are no Cat Delete systems out there but i can make is a cat delete no problem... but i dont want all these codes getting thrown at me and/or lack of performance.... i want a truck that can be heard and can breath .... what do you do about that.... ?????

Also....

Are their any hop ups you can do to the stock Ally with out going with the big numbers ($$$$$) like the Suncoast ... ?????

Thanks in advance...:Thumbup:

Tyler
  • FPE Modded CP3
  • FPE Suncoast Stg. 4
  • FPE 64/71/13
  • FPE 120 Injectors
  • Cooper STT 33x12.5x17 on Stockers
  • K&N FIPK
  • Air Dog 150

Old 08-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
MBRP Tech
Supporting Vendor

Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerQuad
Ive been reading and havent found anything yet....

What do you do to run a Complete OPEN Exhaust turbo back.... i know there are no Cat Delete systems out there but i can make is a cat delete no problem... but i dont want all these codes getting thrown at me and/or lack of performance.... i want a truck that can be heard and can breath .... what do you do about that.... ?????

Also....

Are their any hop ups you can do to the stock Ally with out going with the big numbers ($$$$$) like the Suncoast ... ?????

Thanks in advance...:Thumbup:

Tyler
KillerQuad,

Are you looking for a cat delete system? If you are looking for maximum egt drops and sound you could do a 4" cat back system and a "test pipe" which will give you the revisions to put the cat back in if ever needed. You can also run a muffler delete also if you are looking for a more agressive sound. You definately won't have lack of performance with a aftermarket system and if you have code issues there are supporting vendors with quick and easy fixes for them.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 1-888-636-7223 or you can contact any of the supporting vendors and the will be happy to help you out.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #6
Kdub

Wondering if anyone has tried out the HYPERpac controller yet??? I've been a little turned off on Hypertech before and was wondering if maybe this product was okay... Any word on when Edge may have something for us??? Thanks
Old 08-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #7
XR680R
Threadstarter

Well, in then end I like the 65hp tune on the Preditor. The 85 has to long of a defuel on the shifts and the 120hp is just flat out sick. Hard to drive from a stop sign with any thought of being a normal smooth drive and the defuel at shift is way to long also. I have the ODO set right on by the GPS using the tire size changer on the Preditor.

I love the 5" CAT-less exhaust! It isn't loud at all and sound great even with the muffler on. Only $430 delivered and took 40 minutes for my son and I to install from the time we started to open the box till starting the engine.

I hated the spring wrap after the 6" CST lift so I installed traction bars and now that is gone. Like the CST lift because I can use the stock 16" rims if I wanted to. I have a 35" spare on one of the stock rims and it barely fits under the truck where the spare tire goes. I have a heat sheild on the exhaust pipe to keep the heat off the tire. The heat seild is 2" from the tire. I don't like the Bistiens shocks, but, I like the air bags for when I tow the toy hauler. I wouldn't run this truck without the EGR blocker plate and the Finger stick stopped the P0406 codes. I am getting 21mpg on the freeway and 15~16 in town now. Almost 19 mixed.
LBZ GMC 2006 Crew Cab SB, Predator Tunner, CST Lift w/ Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Air Bags, Pro-Comp Traction Bars, 4" down tube 5" exhaust, EGR blocker w/ fingerstick, 4" nerfstep bars, All Lights Mod, Street Pilot GPS.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:04 AM   #8
lovethedmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdub
Wondering if anyone has tried out the HYPERpac controller yet??? I've been a little turned off on Hypertech before and was wondering if maybe this product was okay... Any word on when Edge may have something for us??? Thanks
hyperpac is just what they say (SAFE) dont expect any high horse or torque from this tuner. my experience has been decent and not over the top...if you want adjustabilty from one box wait for the Edge Juice i have here of some alfa's out their that are great on power. but as always lets see when this comes out. the good about the hyperpac is the monitor its like a small diagnostic computer on board. the features it offers are close to being accurate also. the colors of the monitor due make it hard to see in the sun's reflection off the dashboard.:Thumbup:
Old 08-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #9
bigdraft
The Big Meanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR680R

a Powerstroke under the hood????? : : :

dont get all upset guys, I was just : trying to bring a little humor to the board..........

ok, flame suit is on....................

kevin

1996 Dodge 3500 Ex. Cab LB Wide Hipper
Boys Stroke It...Men RAM It
Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member
If I Get Caught Drunk On My Horse, Is It A DUI Or A RUI???

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS
What Is A Farm With No Barns?

Quote:
[Today 9:22 PM] GrnMachineLover: I just think diesels in cars are funny
Old 08-27-2006, 04:15 AM   #10
lovethedmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR680R

Maybe my thinking is wrong but, when you get a new dirt bike, it comes all plugged up for smog and sound. We call it uncorking to make the bike run right and get the most power out of the bike by opening up the exhaust, air filter, taking out the plastic air box plug or drilling holes........

Well I am looking to see what I need to do to the LBZ.

EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) do I plug this off? WHat is the good and the bad of this. Cramming 30% of the exhaust back into the engine has never been a ggod thing???

Waist gate? other tricks? What is the best trick to make the LBZ run it's best?

talking with a friend the best things he did to his lbz was adding a ATS Co-Pilot. he is very happy with the mod on the tranny. he dynoed with that and a bullydog tuner with crazy larry 480hp the torque i dont remeber but very well for a duramax. :Thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread