Extrude honed injectors - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Dodge Diesel & Truck Discussion > 5.9L Cummins (1998.5-2002)

Thread Details Posted by bad_cummins, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 1386 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
bad_cummins

Extrude honed injectors

Has anybody tried these injectors, i want to know about thier reliability and if they produce the power that they claim. Just everbody's overall thoughts about these injectors or other injectors that anybody has experimented with and liked.

01 Dodge 2500, Banks power pack with edje attitude with juice, bullydog big fuel kit
bad_cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006, 05:07 AM   #2
Diesel Nut
Diesel Nut Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nut Send a message via Yahoo to Diesel Nut
Might want to be more specific. Almost ever aftermarket injector on the market is extrude honed. There are a few EDM injectors out there. Besides them, all the others are standard injectors that have been "flowed" to open up the holes to allow more fuel to be injected during the injection event.

Are you looking at a certain brand maybe?

Jason
Diesel Nut Motorsports
12.58 @ 107.9mph
1.744 60'
Looking for 11's this year
Diesel Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
clawson

I would definately recommend some extrude honed injectors. Lenny at Dynomite diesel has some AWESOME injectors. Call and talk to him, they are much cleaner and neater then any edm i have ever seen.

Chris
clawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #4
Smokem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Nut
Might want to be more specific. Almost ever aftermarket injector on the market is extrude honed. There are a few EDM injectors out there. Besides them, all the others are standard injectors that have been "flowed" to open up the holes to allow more fuel to be injected during the injection event.

Are you looking at a certain brand maybe?

Jason
Diesel Nut Motorsports

Please elebrate the difference between Extrude Honed and EDM injectors?
I don't know about what makes a injector good, I just know how to put it in and make it work. and Engine theory yada yada yada.
Smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
bad_cummins
Threadstarter

I was thinking about the dynomite diesel performance injectors, has anybody tried them or a brand they really like
bad_cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #6
akapparos
TDG Mafia Member #21

I put in Jammer nozzles and don't have any complaints. Especially for the money. There was a definate power gain and the smoke isn't that bad either.
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/galle.../8/4/4/ram.gif "01" Dodge 3500 DRW. Goerend Bros w/ triple disk, Edge Drag Comp, Jammer Stage 5's, Turnbuckle, Dakota Digital and ISSPRO Gauges, BHAF,4" FLO-PRO exhaust, Vulcan kit, Holley Blue Pump, TC Lockup Switch, Snow stage 2, a few more little bits in the works

377hp and 823tq @ Smokin' (with stage 3's/no drag upgrade)
"400" club wannabe
akapparos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:19 AM   #7
imported_Smokem
Banned

We are running a set of Extrude Hone injectors from Pennslyvania, 200hp claim and they dynoed about all of that on David Dunbar's dyno in Stanford Kentucky. Dynomite Diesel and Extrude Hone are the only two shops that use this honing process.
imported_Smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #8
Diesel Nut
Diesel Nut Motorsports

Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nut Send a message via Yahoo to Diesel Nut
Extrude hone injectors are simply stock injectors that are mounted on a machine that forces and abrasive fluid through them, cleaning up and opening the holes in the nozzles. So, larger holes, but same number of holes, same spray angle. Most cost effective and common way to upgrade injectors.

EDM injectors, are cut from a blank injector tip to whatever end the designer desires. You can change anything. You can change spray angle, number of holes, diameter of holes. These take a great deal of R+D to get figured out correctly and are more expensive to buy and build (for the manufacturer) and therefore more expensive for the end user. Alot of what you are paying for is the R+D time as well as the technology. Do they run better than extrude honed? Maybe. I think its all about using the right injector in the right application.

I love Lenny's injectors. He really has a good thing going and to my knowledge he is the only one doing it.
12.58 @ 107.9mph
1.744 60'
Looking for 11's this year
Diesel Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:30 AM   #9
Smokem

Quote:
Extrude hone injectors are simply stock injectors that are mounted on a machine that forces and abrasive fluid through them, cleaning up and opening the holes in the nozzles. So, larger holes, but same number of holes, same spray angle. Most cost effective and common way to upgrade injectors.

EDM injectors, are cut from a blank injector tip to whatever end the designer desires. You can change anything. You can change spray angle, number of holes, diameter of holes. These take a great deal of R+D to get figured out correctly and are more expensive to buy and build (for the manufacturer) and therefore more expensive for the end user. Alot of what you are paying for is the R+D time as well as the technology. Do they run better than extrude honed? Maybe. I think its all about using the right injector in the right application.

I love Lenny's injectors. He really has a good thing going and to my knowledge he is the only one doing it.
Wouldn't it be safe to say you could see a MPG increase with EDM injectors. Considering they could lead to better fuel atomization?
Smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:52 AM   #10
imported_Smokem
Banned

Quote:
Extrude Hone in Pennslyvania was the first company to use both EDM and Extrude Honing on injectors. Lenny bought his Extrude Hone machine from Extrude Hone in Pennslyvania, hence he is not the only one doing it. Jeff Garmon has been using the same injectors for over a year. When I capitalize Extrude Hone, I do it because it is the name of a company, not a process to enlarge or smooth the passages of injector nozzles which is called extrude honing.
imported_Smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement