Day time running lights on a Mack Vision - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Heavy, Medium, Work Trucks and Trailers > Heavy Duty

Thread Details Posted by Truckie, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 1130 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:10 AM   #1
Truckie
TDG Mafia 57

Question Day time running lights on a Mack Vision

Day time running lights on a Mack Vision.
I got a 2003 Mack Vision that has day time running lights. The other day they started to act up. They donít come on anymore unless you turn on the head lights and then turn them off. The day time lights will come on and stay on, but then they stared to go out after a while. Most of the time they go out by them selves. I kind of miss not havening them.
I donít know if it is a switch or what. I donít think it is a wire or a short because they go out even if you are sitting still. I have gotten out and shook the hood and have done numerous things and nothing. Then all of a sudden they go out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Truckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
fjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckie
Day time running lights on a Mack Vision.
I got a 2003 Mack Vision that has day time running lights. The other day they started to act up. They don’t come on anymore unless you turn on the head lights and then turn them off. The day time lights will come on and stay on, but then they stared to go out after a while. Most of the time they go out by them selves. I kind of miss not havening them.
I don’t know if it is a switch or what. I don’t think it is a wire or a short because they go out even if you are sitting still. I have gotten out and shook the hood and have done numerous things and nothing. Then all of a sudden they go out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Remove the fuse panel cover and you will find a day time running light module!That unit likly needs replacing!
fjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:32 AM   #3
DmaxEter

Are you getting any electronic malfunction light on the dash coming on? I do believe that the DRL's used the park brake air pressure switch for activation signal. That is the component that I mostly see causing that complaint. But usually it will set the malfunction light cause the trucks ecu thinks the park brake is set.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
Truckie
TDG Mafia 57
Threadstarter

Thanks for the useful replies.
I donít have no electrical malfunction light lit up in the dash, it has never came on with this problem.
I did look in the dash and found the day light module. It seemed to be a little loose in the socket so I bent the prongs out a bit to tighten it up.
I hope this is the problem. If not I will run by and pick up a new medical.
Thanks once again.
Truckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement