LB7, LLY What does it all mean? - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > GM Diesel & Truck Discussion > General GM Truck Forum

Thread Details Posted by BioDiesel, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1506 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
BioDiesel

LB7, LLY What does it all mean?

Hello,

I'm in the research phase of purchasing a used Duramax truck. I understand that LB7 is an engine designation but does it refer to anything specific about the engine? I think I want a 2000 - 2004 Duramax, I'm mostly picking this range because it puts them more in my price range. I have a Dodge Ram 2500 with a Hemi right now and kick myself for not getting the diesel. As my username implies, I want to start making my own BioDiesel. I'm looking for a Duramax, because based on people I've talked with and post I've read, it seems to get the best mileage out of the big three. I'm looking for a crew cab, 4X4, and I'd prefer a long bed (I could fit my motorcycle in there and still close the tailgate). I live in South Florida and there doesn't seem to be lot of used ones with all of those things I want. Texas seems to have quite a few, and they run between $19,000 to $24,000 for one under 100,000 miles. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
thejdman04

The engine designations have to do w/the generations. Each designation they changed, some things, mechanical, upped the horse etc. I think a crew cab long bed will be hard to find. I had a problem when buying my 07 finding an ext long bed w/the options I wanted, ended up getting a new one. Compared to what htey were getting for used 30,900 for a truck w/30,000 miles or spend 38 on a brand new one, I got a new one.
1996 Gmc k2500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel, with mods Blew the head gasket, put all new heads, valves, injecotrs gaskets etc on the truck only to get it together and find out it had no oil pressure, and sounded horrible (pry a spun bearing). SOLD
2007 chevrolet 2500hd Duramax loaded. GM LEMON BUYBACK
2007 Chevrolet LBZ 1 ton crew cab 8ft box
on star, xm, tow mirrors, 145 amp alt,
#23 Singles Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread