Throttle Position Sensor - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Ford Diesel & Truck Discussions > 1994-2003 7.3L Chips & Tuners Forum

Thread Details Posted by jjmachine, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 597 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
jjmachine

Throttle Position Sensor

I have an Edge attitude/juice and my throttle position sensor is messing what would cause this? Would it be the edge box or is it the stock throttle sensor going out?
jjmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 AM   #2
1040 WreckerMan

TPS messing? Do you mean messing up and if so, how is it messing up? The TPS is really just a fancy potentiometer, so after a while they get some worn spots in them and can act funny. Mine has a slight surge. When the chip is turned off (stock programming) you can barely notice it. With my J/A it was noticeable, and when I went with the DP F5 is was way noticeable. The reason is the funny spot is usually at very low throttle and in stock programming that doesn't give you much fuel or ICP. Even with a mild program like the J/A ICP is turned up making any issue more pronounced.
1040 WreckerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
jjmachine
Threadstarter

That is what my truck was doing but then once I left off of the gas it would trip a check engine light then i would have to pullover wait for the check engine light to go off then go again and it happened more and more frequently as I went off so decided to take it in to be looked at. Im not sure if it's the stock one or the edge doing what do you think it maybe?
jjmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:40 PM   #4
1040 WreckerMan

The Edge will only magnify any problems that the TPS has. The Edge is dumb, it makes more power based on inputs from the factory sensors. It's just modify the signal it sees from the TPS, so if the TPS has an issue it will just be more noticeable with the Edge.
1040 WreckerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement