Duramax Regen - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > GM Diesel & Truck Discussion > Duramax 07.5-2010 (LMM)

Thread Details Posted by bulldog96, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 3515 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
bulldog96

Duramax Regen

Has anyone heard how warranty issues will be handled if the truck is not allowed to regen when it is supposed to? I was reading somewhere the other day where someone was stuck in traffic and it said he needed to go through a regen cycle. He was unable to drive the necessary 30mph. What are we supposed to do in that case?
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2007, 06:13 PM   #2
dhooks

As long as you dont shut it down your ok I believe, just make sure before you stop driving get it up to speed.

No its not warranty if you kill the particulate filter. Thats what the GM rep told us the other day.

The good news is Ford has the same troubles, this is a Fed mandated eqpuipment an this is the downside.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:31 AM   #3
Hydro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhooks
As long as you dont shut it down your ok I believe, just make sure before you stop driving get it up to speed.

No its not warranty if you kill the particulate filter. Thats what the GM rep told us the other day.

The good news is Ford has the same troubles, this is a Fed mandated eqpuipment an this is the downside.
That is crazy that you have to find a place to drive over 30mph and waste even more fuel on top of the regen? What if your running late for work, going out to eat, etc..
The Ford will regen at idle, in park, on the go.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
Horsehaulin
TDG Mafia # 81

Yeah, and tha Ford will also torch its bedsides!

The bugs are still being worked out on these new trucks. Give it a little time and they will have them runing in tip top shape. Anytime a manufacturer releases a new vehicle, it takes atleast three years before they get it going properly.

Heck I got a recall on my 99 last year, and my truck is well beyond its recall years, if you ask me.

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox
Old 07-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
dhooks

Dmax will regen at idle but needs to get up to speed to get it started first. Or thats what the Chevy trainer told me.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
mckey73

Wouldn't someone be able to gut the filters and come up with a hack for the ecm? I'm just asking, I don't know if there is something I'm not getting. This emission crap is for the birds.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #7
Horsehaulin
TDG Mafia # 81

I would think that if you shut off the truck while in regen, it would just pick up the next time you start the truck and get to speed. Ofcourse, engineers dont think like that usually, but lets hope this time they did.

Tony

05 IH 9400i with Cummins ISX pulling a lumber bunk trailer, stuck in a swamp somewhere in Indiana.

Proud Veteran Served 6yrs Active Army From Germany, Kuwait and Bosnia to Ft. Hood and Ft. Knox
Old 08-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
barry1me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhooks

incorrect! The Particulate filter is under warranty and I believe it is a 10 year 100k warranty or longer. This is considered an emmisions component and will be warrantied as long as it hasnt been tampered with or there is any evidence of aftermarket products reducing the longevity of the product.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
dhooks

If it fails from a defect its warranty, like you said its free but if there is deliberate misuse you pay.

Try not changing oil or checking the level for 50k miles an see how easy it is to get you moter warrantied if something goes wrong. Same here if you deliberately dont allow to regen ( it gives you plenty of warning before it shuts down) you have to step up to the plate.

Its not as scary as it sounds, lets say your stuck in traffic for 3 hours an the light comes on your still fine before you shut it down get up to speed. I was worried about how it would work when they first come out but so far I have heard of ZERO problems at the Chevy dealership I work at. The regen actually seems to happen faster then the time specs that the put out but Im sure thats to cover their collective corporate butts in the event someone misuses the system.

The sad thing is this is all brought on by Fed regulations an everybody is dealing with it. Not like one manufacter decides hey why dont we do something crazy here.

The only thing I would be worried about would be offroading for long periods of time, like all day where you never really get up to speed but work the truck hard.

Is there a hack out there delete the filter an fool the computer? Im sure that just about anything is possible, I also suspect it would be really tough to get anytype of warranty work done but to some thats a small price to pay.

Id be interested in knowing how often they go into regen with some of chips an tuners now available for them.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #10
dhooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRY1ME
incorrect! The Particulate filter is under warranty and I believe it is a 10 year 100k warranty or longer. This is considered an emmisions component and will be warrantied as long as it hasnt been tampered with or there is any evidence of aftermarket products reducing the longevity of the product.
I think we are saying the same thing. If it fails due normally Chevy pays, if you kill it from aftermarket or deliberately fail to follow the guidelines they give you the swap is on your green.

Again the truck is never going to just die on you without an oppurtunity to get regen going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread