SAE #2 engine adaptor plate for B-series Cummins? - TheDieselGarage.com
TheDieselGarage.com

Home Forum Who's Online Today's Posts Vendors Advertise
Go Back   TheDieselGarage.com > Heavy, Medium, Work Trucks and Trailers > Medium Duty

Thread Details Posted by Moulder, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 4208 times.

TheDieselGarage.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
Moulder
Just say no to Heui!

Send a message via Yahoo to Moulder
SAE #2 engine adaptor plate for B-series Cummins?

I'm looking for the rear adaptor plate for a common rail 03-10 B-series Cummins. I'm trying to get it to bolt up to a Fuller 6spd that has a SAE #2 bellhousing on it. The local Cummins parts house e-mailed me diagrams for adaptor plates that bolt up to Ford transmissions (auto and manul) from the 70's and 80's. I don't know how they thought those would work. If anyone could even help me out with part numbers that would be great.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad-cab, Long Horn Edition, 6.7 Cummins, 6spd auto, 4x4, 4" lift and 33's. No Dpf, not Egr, dual exhaust, and a Xrt with the 175hp tune.

2000 Ford F-550 Crew-cab, XLT, 7.3 Powerstroke, 4spd auto, 4x4. Gearing up for a '08 6.7 Cummins common rail & Allison 1000 swap.

1997 Ford F-250HD Extended-cab, XLT, 7.3 Powerstroke, 4spd auto, 4x4. P-pump Powerstroke sled puller project. (In progress)
Moulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
tc2

what pattern is your current engine flywheel housing? seems to me sae #2 would be a common pattern for an ISB in a medium duty truck.

There are quite a few adapters available.
If you post your engine serial # it might help to narrow it down.
tc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
french277
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher

Je suis assez sûr que le logement de volant au bloc-moteur le modèle de boulons est le même ainsi il y a peu de volant diffrent l'hébergeant peut être utilisé mais le modèle de boulon de bloc lui-même il sera le même.

Mais si je me suis rappelé directement il y a comme la moindre partie 2 ou 3 boulons(verrous) vous devrez ajouter le mastic sur les fils de boulon pour empêcher la fuite de liquide de refroidissement.

I am pretty sure that the flywheel housing to the engine block the bolts pattern are the same so there are few diffrent flywheel housing it can be used but the block bolt pattern itself it will be the same.

But If I recalled right there is as least 2 or 3 bolts you will need to add sealant on the bolt threads to prevent coolant leak.

Merci,Marc
Old 03-30-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
Moulder
Just say no to Heui!
Threadstarter

The engine is a 6.7 out of a Dodge truck so it has the front mounted gear train. As I understand it most other applications have went to rear mounted gear trains and that is the problem I think I am having. The common rail engines require the adaptor plate that has an o-ring to seal off the cam tunnel. Can one from a 12 valve or 24 valve be machined and work on a common rail? Will a fly wheel from an earlier engine work on a common rail? I don't know if it will make a difference or not but the transmission I would like to run is a Fuller fso8406.

Oh, The adaptor plate on the back of the engine at the moment is for a 68rfe Dodge automatic.

2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad-cab, Long Horn Edition, 6.7 Cummins, 6spd auto, 4x4, 4" lift and 33's. No Dpf, not Egr, dual exhaust, and a Xrt with the 175hp tune.

2000 Ford F-550 Crew-cab, XLT, 7.3 Powerstroke, 4spd auto, 4x4. Gearing up for a '08 6.7 Cummins common rail & Allison 1000 swap.

1997 Ford F-250HD Extended-cab, XLT, 7.3 Powerstroke, 4spd auto, 4x4. P-pump Powerstroke sled puller project. (In progress)

Last edited by Moulder; 03-30-2010 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
french277
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulder View Post
The engine is a 6.7 out of a Dodge truck so it has the front mounted gear train. As I understand it most other applications have went to rear mounted gear trains and that is the problem I think I am having. The common rail engines require the adaptor plate that has an o-ring to seal off the cam tunnel. Can one from a 12 valve or 24 valve be machined and work on a common rail? Will a fly wheel from an earlier engine work on a common rail? I don't know if it will make a difference or not but the transmission I would like to run is a Fuller fso8406.

Oh, The adaptor plate on the back of the engine at the moment is for a 68rfe Dodge automatic.
Ok comme longtemps vous avez le front prévoyant des mécanismes sur ce jeu en haut ce n'est pas une question avec le logement de volant commun, mais si vous avez l'arrière prévoyant des mécanismes maintenant qu'y aura le logement de volant diffrent dû les modèles de boulon ne sont pas les mêmes du tout.

Je me rappelle vraiment qu'il y avait une liaison dans ce fourm du volant adpators pour aller avec le devoir léger tranmissions mais pour la transmission commerciale pas il n'utilisera les modèles de SAE.

Vous devrez tirer l'assiette adpator de ce moteur et faire le logement de volant correct ordonner utiliser transmisson Fuller plein.

Ok as long you have front timing gears on this set up it is not a issue with common flywheel housing but if you have rear timing gears now that will have diffrent flywheel housing on it due the bolt patterns are not the same at all.

I do recall there were a link in this fourm about the flywheel adpators to fit with light duty tranmissions but for commercial transmission no it will be using the SAE patterns.

You will have to yank the adpator plate off from that engine and get correct flywheel housing to order to use the Fuller transmisson.

Merci,Marc
Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #6
Moulder
Just say no to Heui!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by french277 View Post
Ok comme longtemps vous avez le front prévoyant des mécanismes sur ce jeu en haut ce n'est pas une question avec le logement de volant commun, mais si vous avez l'arrière prévoyant des mécanismes maintenant qu'y aura le logement de volant diffrent dû les modèles de boulon ne sont pas les mêmes du tout.

Je me rappelle vraiment qu'il y avait une liaison dans ce fourm du volant adpators pour aller avec le devoir léger tranmissions mais pour la transmission commerciale pas il n'utilisera les modèles de SAE.

Vous devrez tirer l'assiette adpator de ce moteur et faire le logement de volant correct ordonner utiliser transmisson Fuller plein.

Ok as long you have front timing gears on this set up it is not a issue with common flywheel housing but if you have rear timing gears now that will have diffrent flywheel housing on it due the bolt patterns are not the same at all.

I do recall there were a link in this fourm about the flywheel adpators to fit with light duty tranmissions but for commercial transmission no it will be using the SAE patterns.

You will have to yank the adpator plate off from that engine and get correct flywheel housing to order to use the Fuller transmisson.

Merci,Marc

So an adaptor plate from something that use a sae #2 patter would work, as long was it has a front cam gear (12 valve to common rail)? I thougth I remember reading that the Dodge and front mounted cam gear common rail engines required an o-ring to seal off the cam tunnel at the rear where the 12 and 24 valve engines didn't. Does that sound right?

Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
french277
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moulder View Post
So an adaptor plate from something that use a sae #2 patter would work, as long was it has a front cam gear (12 valve to common rail)? I thougth I remember reading that the Dodge and front mounted cam gear common rail engines required an o-ring to seal off the cam tunnel at the rear where the 12 and 24 valve engines didn't. Does that sound right?
C'est correct dû le 12 et 24 moteur de valves n'a pas besoin d'un o-anneau mais de nouveau je rappellerai que vous observez juste d'au moins deux boulons qui doivent être le phoque en haut.

Pour les moteurs de Rail Communs ouais vous y aurez besoin de l'o-anneau directement sur l'emplacement d'arbre à cames.

Laissez-moi aussi ajouter ici il y a alot des membres Dodge/Cummins dans ici et vous pouvez doubler le contrôle avec leur section et ils seront plus qu'heureux de vous aider à vous diriger dans la direction correcte.

That is correct due the 12 and 24 valves engine do not need a o-ring but again I will remind you just watch out at least two bolts that need to be seal up.

For the Common Rail engines yeah you will need the o-ring on it right on the camshaft location.

Also let me add here there is alot of Dodge/Cummins members in here and you can double check with their section and they will be more than happy to help you to steer you in the correct direction.

Merci,Marc
Advertisement