Here's what I pulled off TCI's website. They perform the following mods to the pump:
• TCC exhaust orifice enlarged for enhanced converter clutch shift feel.
• Cooler feed orifice enlarged for enhanced lubrication.
• Converter feed circuit cross-drilled to line pressure circuit to provide full-time feed.
• Front seal drain back passages enlarged to prevent seal blowout.
• Higher rate pressure regulator valve spring installed for increased torque capacity.
• New, steel boost valve installed to reduce loss of boost signal from pressure control solenoid. (EPC)
• An improved front lube/drain back valve assembly replaces the plastic OEM counterpart, which can melt, restricting the front lube oil feed circuit, which results in overdrive planetary failure.
Which can I do myself and which will play nice with the FTVB??? I'll give RacerX a call tomorrow and see what he thinks...
'01 PSD 7.3L Excursion Limited EBM1, 14" lift, rear atlas, 44" Goodyears, crossover steering, 20x10 XD Series Hoss Bronze, ORU dual shock hoops, 14" King Piggybacks, Magnaflow T304 system w/5" tip, FTVB w/50/50 mix regular Mercon/Mobil 1 in trans, Mobil 1 PS flush, Tri-pillar loaded w/Di PriCols (EGT,trans, boost), TS 4 pos. switch chip, ConFerr Rack, Cobra CB, TT/sig mirror conversion, 170 hi-amp alt, Hi Lift equipped, aftermarket headlight wiring harness, UltraDuty rearend cover w/Mobil 1 syn. w/OE friction modifier, Hutch/ITP intank mod, 2 Micron Dahl PrePump, FPR Jack shim [email protected] 70psi, 203 deg T-stat, billet housing, Coolant filter, Tru-Cool trans cooler, Hawk pads, Centric rotors, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid 118k so far...OG CPS died @116k
Recent fix: Pass. side UVGC and rebuilt 4r100 filled w/Mobil 1
Next mod/fix: Perf45 equipped rear driveshaft