The Diesel Garage banner

my new ride

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  LOG HAULER 
#1 ·
Just thought Id share what my new ride looks like...alot like the old one, but differant engine (485 Cummins with a burn box instead of a Acert CAT) and dash.

2010 Pete, 485 Cummins with a 13spd...i got it about a week ago and it had 57k miles on it :woot:

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good nice chrome package, hope you like it :happymugs

#7 ·
Thanks! so far the throttle response is ALOT differant...it seems to rev up faster when downshifting and fall off RPMs slower when upshifting..the Jakes are much better then the cat. When Im going down the road the regen takes some getting used to because the turbo acts all weird. At highway speed the engine is quieter. It doesnt pull as good though, but with only 58k on it now I dont expect it to start pulling real good for awhile yet.

Very cool! Got any more pictures of the interior and underhood?
I'll work on that...leaving sycamore IL right now, gotta be in cincinatti by morning then onto Canada for a week or so :fan

Nice! Just out of curiosity, what are these newer big rigs running you guys these days?
no idea, id have to ask around. there are about 200ish trucks in the fleet, the 2007s like i used to have are all getting turned in this year. they are the oldest trucks we have averaging about 250k miles. (I dont own it, its a company truck)

#4 ·
Very cool! Got any more pictures of the interior and underhood?

#5 ·
Looks pretty sweet there Nick :happymugs

#9 ·
nice truck !

did peterbuilt REALLY build that tomtom or garmin into the dash ?

#12 ·

heres what happend the other day..i keep forgetting to get pictures of the engine and stuff...

#13 ·
bummer :(

#15 ·
how did that happen?

Upstaging? They had a shop up in Mundelien IL. I ran with a few of you guys. Was a great way to make good time heading out west.. Your with one of the few companys left that can still run with the big O/O and bull haulers.

Just this year I ran with 2 of your co workers from OK out to CA. made good time at night.

#16 ·
I was sitting in Bordentown NJ at the petro, another driver didnt turn as much as he should have while backing in. :bash:nunu:

thats us :peelout...they sold the mundelien place and now we have a biger shop in sycamore. Our trucks are governed though (see avatar picture :knight)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.