The Diesel Garage banner

Piston Rings

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Blk350on20s 
#1 ·
Hey. Trying to get my piston in the motor and I didnt pay attention to which order the rings went on. Theres the spring one that I believe goes on the bottom and then the 2 others. Not sure where they go. Ones thicker than the other. Thier colored as well. Cant remember the colors though. I think its blue green and yellow.

#4 ·
well I have the rings and piston here. the one with the spring is blue. The next 2 are purple and green. the green one is shiny but black on the side and it says top on one side of the ring. Not sure if that means thats face up or if thats the top ring. The purple one is shiny but silver and it has a dimple on one of the sides of it.

#6 ·
Pretty sure I figured it out. One had a taper from the outside to the inside on both top and bottom and the piston matched that. That was the top one. It goes purple, green, then blue. Thanks for your help guys. Ryan

#9 ·
Thats exactly how I did it. Thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it. Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.