The Diesel Garage banner

TS or DP

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
What do you guys think is a better tunner? I would be putting it in a 00 7.3 with an auto.

#2 ·
I've run PMT1 programs from both TS Performance and DP-Tuner in my truck when I had the stock auto trans ( I have friends who are dealers for TS and another friend who is one for DP-Tuner). Personally, I liked the DP-Tuner better for how I drive my truck. So, now with the BTS I've stuck with DP-Tuner and got a new 6 position chip from my buddy :Thumbup:.
I run the 80hp econo/40hp/60hp/120hp/140hp/high idle.
Jody's programming rocks :rockon: , good power, EGTs aren't an issue for me, love the trans shifting and TC lockup. Diane is very nice to deal with as well.....she sent me some DP-Tuner decals a while ago, still need to put them on and take pics :poke:

Just my $0.02
:HappyMugs

#5 ·
i just recently got a TS 6 position and i wouldn't trade it for anything... i love it!

#6 ·
BigWhite250 said:
i just recently got a TS 6 position and i wouldn't trade it for anything... i love it!

Glad your liking your chip there Big white! I think you will be more than happy w/ either chip. I think the TS tunes have gotten more refined over the last year or so. I think some people compare Jody's tunes to the older TS tunes, and that isn't fair. These products are always been tweeked and refined and that is better for us in the end.

Dave

#8 ·
I have both DP and a TS 4 position chip, the TS programs I have are maybe a year old, the DP are the "low CP" programs. I would honestly say DP has superior programming. As soon as the 6.0 came out Dennis more or less stopped making any new 7.3 programs. Fuel-7 or Fuel-8 was the last of the single shot programs and that program is about 4 years old, maybe more. He never went very far into the Excursion programs either. Since he is the sole source for the raw chips he is still making money when the other vendors buy his chips. So he has no incentive to take the time to R/D new programming for an engine that is now several years out of production. I can understand this point of view from a immediate return prospective as it applies to business. But in the long run I think it will turn people off. Many OBS people feel as if TS has sort of left them "holding the bag" since he stopped making new 7.3 programs. In comparison the DP programs are more refined then the TS programs I have had. There are also more options, pedal feel is less touchy, power is smoother, trans t/c lockup can be tailored as well as holding gears for compression braking, cold weather warm up is quieter i.e. less "injector rattle" or detonation to name a few differences. and if you would like Jody will custom tune your chip, something TS will not do, or at least has not done in quite some time. My intention here is not to rip on TS but rather give some comparison and explain why. Dennis deserves credit for what he has done, he is a very nice guy. He has come a LONG way from the old tint shop days. I have a lot of respect for what he has done. He had the baddest programs out there a few years back. But there are still a lot of 7.3's out there looking for new programs and Jody is doing a great job.

#10 ·
both are good from what i hear i know some people were havin problems with ts fuel7, but they might have that problem worked out by now.

#11 ·
i have a ts 6 pos chip and when it works its great im trying to find out if there is a fix for it defaulting back to the no 1 setting when i work it pretty hard like pulling a trailer into a head wind stop and refuel truck start it and it may run the rest of that leg or default again does anybody have a fix or will ts fix it for me ?? thanks kirk:shrug:

#14 ·
I don't have any chips yet on my 01. I have researched both TS and DP. I am leaning towards DP since they seem to have the more refined tunes that several of you have mentioned. Also, they are only about 40 miles from me so if I do have any probs, they aren't too far.

G
#15 ·
en4cr said:
I am leaning towards DP since they seem to have the more refined tunes that several of you have mentioned. Also, they are only about 40 miles from me so if I do have any probs, they aren't too far.
IMO opinion , ecspecially since you are so close, have Jodi live tune your truck. That's the ticket:Thumbup:

#16 ·
fordt said:
IMO opinion , ecspecially since you are so close, have Jodi live tune your truck. That's the ticket:Thumbup:
:agreed:
I'd love to have him do live tuning on my truck......maybe some day...:HappyMugs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.