The Diesel Garage banner

Front mud flap moutning options

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Scooter429 
#1 ·
Hey everyone ok heres the scoop, used to always run 35x12.50r18's on stock rims but then went with the same size tire but some 18x9 and now I had rubbing issues on my mudflap and the inside of my fender flare, so I remoeved my flaps for now and trimmed up the inside of my flare to make it work. I don't run a leveling kit in the front and I don't want to either I don't rub now but am looking for a way to mount my mud flaps back on somehow, anyone have any ideas and pics are always welcome. Thanks a million. I drive a ton of gravel and need these flaps or the side of my truck is going to be eaten alive.

#2 ·
Before I put the leveling kit on mine I drilled two holes in my mud flaps and zip tied them back. Stopped my rubbing issues.

#3 ·
Ya see I have xenon fender flares on too which come in about 3/4 of an inch and then my flaps were mounted to those so another 1/4-1/2" so there is no way to mount them on the inside of the fender really without rubbing.

#4 ·
This was my old tire setup with 35's and stock rims but it shows how I had the mudflap mounted before and also how the flare sticks in a bit more. there definately isnt as much clearence as there used to be with those tires.

#5 ·
I see no flare in that pic:shrugs

#6 ·
She's on there matches the body lines perfect

#8 ·
mine are xenon don't even know if they make them anymore they are well made and match the body lines perfect and add about an inch or alittle better of flare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.