Oasis request (Please and thanks in advance!) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by FrenchyLeBlanc, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 1371 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Oasis request (Please and thanks in advance!)

VIN: 1FTWW33R78ED52737

This will be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely appreciated.
Mike

__________________________________________________ _______
2008 Ford F350 SUPER DUTY DRW LARIAT CREW CAB 4x4 OFF ROAD
AKA: Dolomite

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 05:56 AM

Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Claims.pdf (144.4 KB, 122 views)
File Type: pdf VIR.pdf (181.6 KB, 52 views)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman8895 View Post
Attached.
Stunt! You are my hero!

I am going round-and-round with the dealer I bought it from (indie, not Ford). So, this will help. Their statements and the fact that it needs a new motor according to Ford are now about to bite them in the ***... and I still need a reliable truck at the end of all this.

Thanks again!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 06:36 AM

I can pull claims detail (individually) for any of the claims listed...it will provide part numbers, labor time, detailed costs, etc. Just let me know if you need one.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

That's awesome! Thanks!

5904925 looks like it could be related...

In a nutshell, I bought the truck, the dealer took over a month to ship it to me and we ended up sending our own driver out there to pick it up. He barely made it 100 miles and there was an issue with the steering and a loud bang/pop and a lot of smoke at that point. We got it towed to a Ford dealer in Harrisburg, PA and they did some diagnostics and after the dust settled, they recommend a new motor. Something about cylinders 2 and 8, and 2 having 20% (would need to do a manual on all to check for sure). They found the glow plug harness left out of the valve cover. The pinch bolt on the steering column had backed out.

Shouldn't the tech at Hoffman Ford have pulled the history and seen that? I'm still kinda new to diesels and haven't had to deal with any of my other cars much on this level at all (so I'm not a complete idiot, just partially )

I have the proposed invoice for over $16k for a new motor and a few other things (just no way to attach it)... which shouldn't be necessary when I was assured by the dealer that:

Service History

130,742 Miles
One Owner
Non-Smoker
Passed Thorough Dealer Inspection
Have Original Manuals
No Known Mechanical Problems

AND...

"Everything works properly. Overall this LUXURY truck is fun to drive. It's very solid, great at handling and clean. With all highway mileage, this boy is truly in great shape."

http://new-orbit-auto.ebizautos.com/...d-7696136.html

I'll admit that I shouldn't have trusted their word and had it inspected by a 3rd party, but with as many PowerStrokes as they sell and other diesels, I figured it wouldn't be an issue. Plus, they have almost 100% good feedback as far back as I can see (unless they've changed ID's and done some shady stuff... which I'm starting to think may have happened). #LessonLearned

Aside from us sending them a letter to try to either get our money back completely for the truck or just getting them to pay Ford to replace the motor and get it back on the road, I don't know what to do (it's a nice truck aside from the engine issue based on what little I and my driver could tell)... I'd rather just start fresh with a new truck at this point--well, a different truck (I can barely afford to deal with tihs, much less brand new). If I do get another truck, I'll go for a 450 this time because of the tow rating and a few other features.

I don't know if/when I'll ever be in your area, but if I am... at least the first round is on me!

Thanks again!
Mike
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 AM

Sounds like you've got a lawsuit on your hands...

The entire engine looks like it was completely overhauled in April 2010. New block and head... all in all total repair was $10,027.76. That's a little more than "no known mechanical issues". Any Ford dealer would have been able to see this information after the repair was made.

If the truck only made it 100 miles, even if there was "NO WARRANTY" they can still be held liable if they tried to cover up something major like this. I would threaten a lawsuit... 100 miles and you need a new engine is BS.

Edit: trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together here... When did you buy the truck? Bedford may have really botched the engine repair if you are having the repeat issues with compression on same cylinders. Might also inquire about guarantee on warranty repair.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Claim+Detail.pdf (148.3 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by Stuntman8895; 12-14-2011 at 07:47 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thank you times-a-million! I think this will be an ICBM-sized nail to put in their coffin. Originally, after it happened, they asked for the keys, title, and paperwork back from our driver and told him they were going to refund our money (but luckily he held onto the title so that we would be able to at least hold them to it... now they're trying to back out).

We lawyered up as soon as the Hoffman tech said that we needed a new engine and he's going to try to start with a letter. If that doesn't work, then we will sue for sure.

The one thing that's killing me is that I'm heading home for R&R on Friday and my wife and I are supposed to take my son in the 5th wheel while I'm back in the states... but that's out now. Luckily this part of the monkey dance will be over by April.... I just hope the truck issue is done long before then.

I do sincerely appreciate your help. Thanks again!
Mike
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 AM

More than happy to help!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode