The Diesel Garage banner

2011 Chevy/GM 8-lug HD suspension product from Cognito Motorsports (News,Info & PICS)

8K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  wastedwagesracing 
#1 ·
2011 Chevy/GM 8-lug HD suspension product from Cognito Motorsports (News,Info & PICS)

The NEW 2011 Chevy/GM 2500HD and 3500HD trucks have a all new suspension design. They still have IFS and torsion bars but the changes GM made are enough to demand a all new suspension upgrade parts to be made. Cognito Motorsports is the leader in the Chevy/GM suspension game but specializing in only the Chevy/GM trucks and they show it as they offer many options and upgrades to suite just about any HD truck owner.

I would like to tell everyone that your idea's are very much listened too by the President/ Engineer of Cognito Motorsports so please feel free to voice what you would like to see sooner than later be developed by Cognito and these NEW re-designed HD suspensions.

I can tell you pitman and idler steering braces are already in the design stages and as well as the UCA's that will be used as the tool to level a truck like this. From there the product will follow what they offer for the past 2001-2010 truck chassis.

Here are a couple pics of the truck they have in there building right now:

See less See more
#2 ·
Sure hope they improve the design in the last picture. Tacking a couple of washers together on a 3/16" plate and adding a brace/gusset or what ever they want to call to the whole thing it is not a nice job.

#4 ·
That's just their prototypes. Their production stuff will be much better. As I haven't seen both old and new parts side by side I don't know what they will be improving or changing.

Yes these pics are pre-production so most the product will have final touches made to them before they make it to production to the public.

#3 ·
That's just their prototypes. Their production stuff will be much better. As I haven't seen both old and new parts side by side I don't know what they will be improving or changing.

#5 ·
has GM changed their tie-rods??

#8 ·
Here we go. This is a early stage still, more to come, just the start to the arsenal of pieces that start the complete package of product upgrades and options that Cognito will be offering.

Details:
2011 3500HD Dually Cognito Motorsports "New Shop Truck" and product development truck that will be displayed at SEMA in their booth this year.

2011 8-Lug HD Cognito 4" NTBD design kit (NTBD = keeps the factory torsion bars tucked up in the factory position so they don't hang down, clean look and more ground clearance!)

Some standard features that will be included in the 4" front box kit:
- Steering braces
- HD sway bar end links
- Full bolt in skid plate

Toyo MT's 35x12.50x17 mounted on factory GM dually wheels powder coated satin black. 3" rear wheel spacers for ability to have room to air down tires in the sand, a smaller rear wheel spacer could be used.

Still more to come, Cognito has upgrades for steering, shocks, sway bars and other similar products like they offer for the past 2001-2010 HD trucks currently.

Let me know what you think and any idea's or options you would like to see.

#11 ·
Those Stock wheels look good powder coated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.