The Diesel Garage banner

exhaust brake question

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Flopster843 
#1 ·
I want my exhaust brake to come on when I start my truck without having to turn it on with the button. I went to my dealer & talked to his tech & he is willing to do this for me using a code like I had read on a post stating it could be done (cant remember where i saw it), he looked and there is no code for him to input or change for the 2010 dodge exhaust brake. he is willing to do it, just dont have the info, does anyone here know how to program (the code etc) the 2010 exhaust brake to come on when you start your engine? they come on automaticly on the 1 ton's. if he has the correct program he will do this for me.
thanks for any help!!!!

#2 ·
It would be best if we could get someone (blue guy/red guy) to make this its own thread. To answer your question though, it is in the tuning, there is no way to just type a code in. I believe H and S can do this in their tuning or does do this.

#4 ·
They are not site sponsors nor are they a regiestered users so here is there site. HS Performance My guess is if its not something that can enable or disable like high idle control, it will not be possible through a dealer.

#8 ·
I don't think the relay trick will work on a 2010+ model. I think something in the electrical circuit changed. I haven't got to look at one in person to see if it can be done though. If you figure it out, let me know and I'll update the article to include 2010+ instructions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.