Anyone interested in Dynamat Extreme? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by TooMuchBoost, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 831 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Anyone interested in Dynamat Extreme?

If so I'll see what pricing I can come up with along with a standard shipping price. To make it worth my time I would want to have some type of minimum order per member but it wouldn't be ridiculous.

I can get Dynamat extreme in 10"x10" sheets packed 4 sheets to a pack and 4 packs per case.

I can get Dynamat extreme in a single (1) 18"x32" roll packaged 2 rolls to a case.

From experience I can tell you doors are much simpler using the 10"x10" sheets and a Super Duty front door can be done nicely with 3 rows of 3 10" x10"sheets though 6 evenly spaced out sheets will help. This will kill a lot of road noise, improve the stereo sound and produce a nice solid 'thud' if you smack the outside of the door with your knuckle.

I did my roof in my cc 6.0 and that was very nice but I can't remember how much it took. Your best bang for the buck is doing doors first though.

I have Dynamatted every ride I've ever owned and here is what a quickie job on the Passat trunk and underneath the rear deck looks like. The best part was this was a 40 degree day and I didn't need to preheat the panels like the junky no-name pads. I did this by hand smoothing with my fingers because I didn't have a wood roller but you can get it super smooth with roller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	passattrunk.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	2320   Click image for larger version

Name:	passatreardeck.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	2321  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
fordt

How much would something like this run? Approx?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Give me two days for pricing because my wholesaler is filling back-orders today and tomorrow.

Feel free to post web price searches here too. I'm curious what the best price is out there.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:21 PM

I'd be in on some.... I hate the sound of a diesel issed:

J/K I would be in on buying some though.... SERIOUSLY :roflmao:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I should note whenever I do a door I apply it to the backside of the doorskin (what you see outside with paint on it) not the front side of the inner door (behind your plastic door panel) like others and thats why the 10x10's are better. I feel this gives you a quieter door with better acoustics for the speaker.

Do what you like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode